We’re Block 64 (https://block64.com/) , and if you answered yes to those questions, you can stop looking. We’re an early stage software development and IT services company delivering elegant solutions to some of the most enduring business problems. Out products have been market tested and are currently deployed in large enterprise organizations globally.
Our team of experienced techies is looking for a Software Development Manager to help us continue our upwards trajectory. If you’re excited to work in a position where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and a deep understanding of the problem space, with autonomy and responsibility at a dynamic company, we want to hear from you.
Software Development Manager
As our new Software Development Manager, you will lead engineering teams to deliver innovative customer experiences and exciting technical projects in an innovative atmosphere and provide technical leadership. Additionally, you’ll also be responsible for growing the capabilities of the engineers on your team.
You’ll bring a strong set of technical skills to the table and act as the senior subject matter expert. This role requires a technical person that can interface with business teams and ensure our platform meets the needs of our customers.
You’re responsive, adaptive and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have great communication skills and can effectively communicate complex information to the team. You’re also a strong mentor, coach, which lets you build trusting relationship with everyone you interact with.
Specifically, you will:
* Manage and oversee an 8-person software engineering team with scope for expansion
* Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to day activities of engineering teams with an Agile/Scrum environment
* Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintain of best-of-class engineering team
* Work closely with the engineers who will architect and develop the best technical design and approach
* Report on status of development, quality, operations and system performance to management.
* Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management
* Provide project management and technical leadership for every aspect of software.
Working @ Block 64
This is a full-time permanent position, Monday to Friday 9-5. Our office is in Liberty Village, Downtown Toronto, with some flexibility to work from home. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, that includes base salary, full benefits, RSP matching package and vacation.
We have a tight-knit atmosphere where everyone is passionate about working hard to contribute to the success of the company. We are fun, friendly, and welcoming to new people AND dogs – yes, we have some amazing well-behaved dogs who contribute to the fun and energetic environment. There are no attitudes or egos here – we all succeed when the company succeeds.
* Software development experience in building scalable applications
* Engineering team management experiences, coaching, mentoring individuals to grow in their career
* Experience and knowledge of professional software engineering practices for software development life cycle, including coding standards, code review, build processes, testing and operations.
* Proven experience in delivering complex projects on time with high quality
* Post-Secondary degree or certificate in computer science
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.