We are looking for a Big Data Architect to join our Battle.net organization, home of 200 super-powered, passionate, crazy-smart architects, engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers and enables our epic entertainment experience. In this role, you will be working closely with Battle.net and cross-functional team players to drive the big-data architecture road-map and project execution. You will act as a liaison and evangelist, ensuring that Battle.net Data team is in lock-step with the greater technological initiatives at Blizzard ecosystem.
We are building a big data platform that is more scalable, more performant, more reliable, and powers our diverse business' needs. We are also enabling new data features in cloud ecosystem that can drive significant impact for Blizzard gamers, viewers and customers globally.
- Drive and define an overarching end-to-end data architecture, vision and strategy to maximize the utility of public and private cloud, and enterprise data assets and innovate a broad set of use case;
- Develop technical specifications for data integration and data model; deliver design documents for projects enforcing best practice and automation;
- Define standards to support data quality, CICD automation, scalability and continuous operational excellence.
- Define patterns for real-time and scheduled data integrations implementing the best practice of cloud and hybrid data integration with security and low latency as a focus;
- Understand the challenges of a persistent layer in a distributed environment and lead the demand of agility and data quality to build a long, maintainable data ecosystem with consistency, availability and scalability;
- Identify bottlenecks in data processes and come up with best-in-class automated solutions;
- Communicate and evangelize data architectures with engineering team and business partners;
- Train and mentor engineering team on topics related to data architecture.
- A minimum of 10 years' engineering experience in distributed systems, cloud computing, big data, servers, networking, test, or other mission critical production software. 4 plus years of working as an dedicated architect in a distributed and data focused environment..
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Spark, Flink, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Hadoop/HDFS, or similar products.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of API and Service Oriented Architecture in production product environment.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and maintaining cloud based distributed systems. Expert knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform/Ansible.
- Experience of designing solutions on public cloud, private cloud and hybrid environment.
- Experience of automated CI/CD pipeline and leading operational excellence in an Agile environment.
- Experience of developing data integration specs with Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIP), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) standard; Overall familiar with the Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills that include, but do not limit to evangelization, standard publication, solution architecture written communication and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field (graduate degree preferred)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences?ever. Join us!