The Supply Chain Planner (SCP), using analytical and quantitative methods, is responsible for analyzing inventory and Demand Plan data to establish and maintain an appropriate time-supply for items sold in the Canadian market. In addition, the SCP performs Distribution Requirements Planning, partners with Production and recommends actions to ensure timely replenishment of inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze inventory and Demand Plan data to establish and maintain an appropriate time-supply for items sold in the Canadian market.
- Perform Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) and recommend actions to ensure timely replenishment of inventory.
- Analyze daily/monthly sales reports to determine if items are at healthy inventory levels.
- Establish finished goods safety stocks as buffers to Demand Plan error and production challenges.
- Coordinate with all entities necessary to improve on-time and complete customer shipments.
- Pursue all information/actions required to improve on-time and complete customer shipments.
- Advocate for Canadian business to improve on-time and complete customer shipments.
- Communicate to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Analyze inventory records to identify/prevent obsolete inventory and make recommendations.
- Determine current and potential obsolescence for quarterly meetings.
- Initiate inventory destruction requests at Blistex and 3PL for obsolete/damaged Canadian finished goods and components in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with other departments as well as external customers.
- Lead monthly inventory meetings and make recommendations on items.
- Learn to navigate both Blistex (Adage) and 3PL inventory systems for necessary information.
- Perform quarterly inventory reconciliations between Blistex and 3PL systems.
- Create/Modify item numbers and Bills of Materials (BOMs) for new and current Canadian items.
- Coordinate with all appropriate personnel when expedited releases are needed.
- Warn appropriate personnel of impending stock outs with as much advance notice as possible.
- Work with Purchasing to determine appropriate buy quantities for Canadian finished goods and components and within specified lead times.
- Communicate with Customer Service as needed to relay information on restocking items.
- Travel to Toronto, Ontario, as needed.
- Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities as may be required.
- Support Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and the Winner’s Circle and BQS processes.
- Continuously learn the intricacies of the business and apply those learnings to daily/monthly activities.
- Maintain a valid passport.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree (ideally in Supply Chain, Operations, Industrial, Logistics Management, or Business Administration) is required.
- 1-2 years of supply chain analysis experience such as inventory planning, demand planning, Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), or similar experience.
- Contemporary knowledge of supply chain processes.
- APICS CPIM and/or CIRM is beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to succeed in a high-accountability environment.
- Ability to learn new technology/systems quickly.
- Self-directed with a bias toward action.
- Experience leading cross-functional activities.
- Excellent communication, persuasion, and advocacy skills.
- Effective relationship management skills to interact with various levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently on a multitude of concurrent tasks.
- Ability to prepare detailed and accurate documentation.
- Discreet with confidential information.
- Willing to accept other duties.
- Compliance with Company policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT
- This position requires the individual to Stand or Walk up to 33% of the time. This position requires the individual to Sit, Talk or Hear, and use hands to Finger, Handle or Feel 66 to 100% of the time. This position requires the individual to reach with hands and arms 33 to 66% of the time.
- This position will require the individual to lift up to 10 pounds 33 to 66% of the time.
- The vision requirements for this position includes close vision of 20 inches or less; distance vision of 20 feet or more, color vision (ability to distinguish between colors), peripheral vision (ability to see up, down, left, right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (3-dimensional vision), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
- This position has no exposer to measurable environmental hazards or conditions.
- The noise level for this position will be Moderate Noise (Ex: Business office equipment, computer printers, production machinery, light traffic).
- Travel (optional) and overtime requirements are dependent upon business and department demands and includes visits to Toronto, Ontario.
For millions of people around the world, our name is synonymous with the very best in lip care products anywhere. But for the people at Blistex Inc., our name is more than a familiar brand. It is a standard that challenges each of us to provide our global consumers with the finest health care products.
Over the years, consistent growth was fueled by constant innovation in our product line and through acquisition of other quality brands that complement our portfolio.
At Blistex Inc., success begins with an excellent workforce. Then we channel our creative energies through an ongoing process that gives every employee, regardless of job title, he opportunity to contribute fully to the organization's success. Finally, we provide an environment that encourages involvement and respects the talents of the individual while fostering a team concept.