The Health Care International Brand Manager is responsible for the marketing, budgeting, and planning aspects of the international business related to Blistex hand cream, Stridex, Kank-A, Tucks, Ivarest, and Odor-Eaters. The Health Care International Brand Manager has full authority to operate this position in accordance with Company policies and as directed by the Director, International Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
PRODUCT & PACKAGING INNOVATION
1. Performs primary innovation leadership role for Health Care (Blistex hand cream, Stridex, Odor-Eaters, Tucks, Kank-A, Ivarest):
· New product and packaging development, serving as the International Team representative at U.S. PDT for collaboration across countries
· Creation of product and packaging concepts
· The design and analysis of consumer market research information
· Identifies consumer insights from existing internal information, including consumer reviews and complaints
· Creation of project timelines and/or collaboration with Operations for up-to-date timelines
· Packaging development, including graphic and structure changes on new and/or existing items, working with internal resources including Design, Technology and Purchasing departments.
· Submits packaging through Master Control system.
· Collaborates with Operations team for identification of product sourcing, including potential contract manufacturer visits and pricing strategy
· Identifies cost and pricing strategy, providing financial analysis
2. Keeps apprised of regulatory requirements and works within International Department to assure compliance. Articulates regulatory project needs on a weekly basis (artwork reviews, registrations, etc.).
3. Stays informed and publishes information regarding category advances, including competitive new product introductions and claims.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS & STRATEGY
1. Development of creative to facilitate fast and effective launches and ongoing news:
· Distributor selling presentations for conferences, visits, and virtual meetings
· Digital marketing assets including social media and ecommerce assets
· Brief and manage agency for product photography
· Management of expenses within budget
2. Encourages usage of corporate tools, tracks, and analyzes adoption of toolkits and initiates suggestions on how Blistex Inc. can be even more effective in supporting distributors
3. Facilitates requests for trademark search and applications, actively communicating with Intellectual Property attorney.
4. Actively participates in distributor meetings with strong collaboration with the Business Development Manager (Asia/Latin America) and Brand Manager (EU/ANZ/Middle East)
5. Leads the bi-annual packaging audit with Regulatory team (Scope is for all markets)
6. Develops success stories to encourage best practices to transfer from one country to another
7. Annual planning presentation to showcase and quantify how innovation will contribute to total growth
8. Recommend portfolio changes (brand or SKU) for each country including financial impact analysis
9. Review marketing plans to identify industry and business model trends
10. Monitors social media, reports, and makes recommendations for increased effectiveness
Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities, as may be required by the Director, International.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. A MBA in International Business or Marketing, or its equivalent in training and experience is required.
2. The knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired in min. 5 years of relevant experience in a brand management setting.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Effective interpersonal skills are required to interact with various levels of internal and external customers.
2. Exceptional motivation and drive, including desire to handle challenging tasks and achieve quality results quickly.
3. Strong leadership and proven project management skills with ability and inclination to motivate project partners, and internal resources for quality, timely executions.
4. Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail for financial analysis.
5. Experience in designing and analyzing quantitative research. Strong analytical thinking with ability to draw sound, insightful, useful conclusions from data.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. A broad understanding of general international sales and marketing practices including evaluating pricing, promotions, and creative materials and analyzing results.
8. Must be discreet with confidential information to which he/she has access.
9. Must possess the ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers, function as a team player, accept constructive criticism from management and comply with Company policies.
10. Must be computer literate in a Windows environment (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel/Spreadsheets, but not limited to).
11. Fluency in a second language, experience working with distributors, and CPG digital marketing as a plus.
12. Willingness to accept other duties, as assigned.
The following position reports directly the Brand Manager, International (if applicable, likely seasonal):
· Intern, International
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. Travel (both domestic and international) requirements are dependent upon departmental needs but should be considered to be demanding on occasion. This position requires occasional international traveling (approximately 1-3 trips per year), inclusive of occasional weekends and duration can last two consecutive weeks.
2. Physical demands include extensive standing, walking, sitting, and transporting luggage, samples, presentation materials, laptop computer, etc. (Routinely lifts or moves 25 pounds, occasionally lifts or moves up to 50 pounds).
3. Overtime requirements are dependent upon departmental demands, inclusive of weekend hours.
Normal office environment and working conditions at the Company’s headquarters.
For millions of people around the world, our name is synonymous with the very best in lip care products anywhere. But for the people at Blistex Inc., our name is more than a familiar brand. It is a standard that challenges each of us to provide our global consumers with the finest health care products.
Over the years, consistent growth was fueled by constant innovation in our product line and through acquisition of other quality brands that complement our portfolio.
At Blistex Inc., success begins with an excellent workforce. Then we channel our creative energies through an ongoing process that gives every employee, regardless of job title, he opportunity to contribute fully to the organization's success. Finally, we provide an environment that encourages involvement and respects the talents of the individual while fostering a team concept.