The Brand Development Project Leader is responsible for project management in delegated areas and provides assistance to all Marketing Managers and the Vice- President, Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs in a primary leadership role on designated projects in areas such as (but not limited to):
- New product development, working with internal resources including R&D from concept thru commercialization – may include initiatives for Canadian market
- Reformulations, restages, and run-outs
- Packaging development, including graphic and structure changes on new and/or existing items, working with internal resources including Design, Tech. Packaging and Purchasing.
- Advertising and Promotion development
- Consumer research and analysis
- Department’s procedures or participation in corporate initiatives
Provides financial analysis of key corporate initiatives – may include but is not limited to:
- Leads new item launch post-audits
- Executes regular item margin analyses
- Develops ROI analyses prior to project launches
Leads all aspects of on-going content management of one of more brand/category websites and/or social media sites:
- Leads efforts with various internal and external MIS personnel to determine best on-going approach to execution of websites with optimal balance of quality/cost/resource considerations
- Secures on-going input, commitment, etc. from various constituencies/partners (Sales, IT, Design, Category Associates, agencies, HR, and International) and motivates/ensures timely discharge of each of their assignments
- Directs, executes, and/or devises processes for timely, consistent refreshment of website content based on changing retailer information, new products/promotions, or updated positioning/public relations materials.
Contributes to new idea generation in all product categories and department processes.
Provides ad hoc acquisition support, as needed.
Positively motivates and clearly communicates to all departments and appropriate agencies to ensure agreement and timely/high quality execution of new initiatives.
Strengthens the Marketing Department by contributing innovative ideas, expertise, knowledge, high professional standards, team spirit, and pride in the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A broad knowledge of a specialized discipline, such as Marketing or Business Administration. A Master’s Degree is preferred; or, equivalent in education and training (e.g., a college degree with experience in market research, consumer behavior, advertising, statistical analysis and marketing planning and strategy) is required.
The knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired in four years of real world and/or advanced academic marketing environments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong leadership skills with ability and inclination to motivate and direct vendors, project partners, and internal resources for quality, timely execution.
- Proven track record of successful project leadership.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent responsibilities effectively.
- Strong analytical thinking with ability to draw sound, insightful, useful conclusions from data.
- Exceptional motivation and drive, including desire to handle challenging tasks and achieve quality results quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in designing and analyzing quantitative research.
- Computer literate in a Windows environment (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint at intermediate skill levels).
- Rapid attainment of capabilities with basic functions of Cognos and Adage that allows for quality performance of relevant tasks outlined as “Essential Job Functions” above.
- Ability to use office machines and e-mail quickly and effectively.
- Must be discreet with confidential information to which he/she has access.
- Willingness to accept other duties, as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers, function as a team player, accept constructive criticism from management