- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Locally owned business is seeking a detail-oriented, upbeat, hardworking accounting professional to join our team as an Accounting Specialist.
The Accounting Specialist will perform a host of duties ranging from processing customer payments to auditing file documentation for completion. The incumbent will audit cash accounts for discrepancies and work closely with internal departments to resolve any variations.
- Audits incoming sales orders to insure they contain all required documentation and payments
- Ensures timely and accurate posting of incoming payments
- Performs bank reconciliations on 30+ bank accounts
- Reviews cash accounts and researches discrepancies
- Performs initiation function for new customers including reviewing and posting payments, setting up charges, and posting Company fees
- Issue customer refunds and credit adjustments
- Verifies records and prints monthly late notices
- Performs monthly audit of Company revenue for certain fees
- Responds to internal and external payment inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with Company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents
- Stores monies and deposit records in a secure location until it is deposited
- Maintains confidentiality of all Company and customer information
- Position requires sitting for extended periods of time, and the use of hands for writing, calculating and typing. Must be able to talk and hear, occasionally stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. The work environment is smoke-free and the noise level is moderate.
- Maintains excellent and timely attendance to perform position duties
- 2+ years Accounts Receivable experience - multi-location profit center experience is a plus
- Ability to work full time (Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm) plus occasional overtime based on operational needs, especially during the first week of the month when payments are due.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, and data analysis skills thorough knowledge of applicable accounts receivable/general ledger systems and procedures
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with QuickBooks is a plus.
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to switch gears quickly
- Ability to work independently and with a team is a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Associate's degree or higher preferred, or comparable work experience
- Qualified applicants must successfully complete a drug screen and background investigation
This is a full-time position with normal hours of Monday through Friday (8:30am to 5:00pm) with occasional overtime based on operational needs. We proudly offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a retirement plan.
Blind PostingWhy Work Here?
Awesome team, great benefits, looking for energetic and forward thinking professionals!
We are a high growth, privately-owned company based in Richmond, Virginia.
2010 Bremo Road Richmond VA 23226Richmond, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Blind Posting