We are seeking an HR Generalist to join our team! You will provide leadership and support in functional areas of human resources including recruitment, hiring, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, performance evaluations, benefits administration, employee development and training, AAP/EEO and special projects. This position serves as a tactical business partner to the leadership team.
- Ensure compliance with Government regulations and policies/procedures. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training and work assessments.
- Run daily functions of the HR department including hiring, benefits, leave and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee booklets, communications, and/or meetings.
- Prepare reports in conformance with legislated requirements or company needs.
- Lead change to improve systems / processes effectiveness and efficiency
- Promote, maintain and implement systems of accountability for excellence in the areas of talent management and employee engagement.
- Drive initiatives to identify and develop processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency in order to meet the facility’s goals.
- Acts with management to institute work system improvements which positively impact business profitability.
- Educate and coach team members on job performance, employee development, engagement and diversity. Serve as facilitator of change.
- Perform training for all employees on subjects such as company policies, procedures, work rules, accurate and consistent administration of the handbook and applicable federal and state regulations, to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources products and services.
- Provide a skilled workforce by facilitating the recruiting and staffing activities, including hourly assessments and hires, recruiting and other salaried activities.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors in relation to complex or sensitive matters.
- Promote and participate in the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information on business issues and employee concerns.
- Research and maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes and new technologies in HR, talent management and employment law. Ensure that the organization is utilizing leading human resources technology and proactively considering new strategies.
- Weekly time and attendance entry, time and attendance corrections and biweekly payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or 5 years' experience in a related field.
- PHR/SPHR certification a plus, 4+ years of related experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficient in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Minimal travel required.
We promote success through our products and continual employee development. We encourage our employees to exemplify leadership, become engaged within our operations and accountable for their performance. We are committed to our employees' continual growth and development. We are an EOE; we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin
Blind CompanyA leading manufacturing organization within the Northeast, US. We promote success through our products and continual employee development. We encourage our employees to exemplify leadership, become engaged within our operations and accountable for their performance. We are committed to our employees' continual growth and development. We are an EOE; we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin