A Hydrology and Hydraulics (H&H) Project Manager at Bleyl Engineering is a critical leader in fostering a supportive, productive team environment for all our staff members and promoting the Bleyl standard in everything we do. At Bleyl, engineering is more than an occupation, it’s an opportunity to serve our communities. As an H&H Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing advanced drainage studies and drainage mitigation projects including supervising an engineering team, interacting with the client, and coordinating with the review agencies. At Bleyl, we value giving back, so our leadership also actively serves in professional associations and community organizations. Expand your career in civil engineering at a firm dedicated to serving with quality and integrity. Apply with Bleyl today!
- Serve as team leader for a variety of hydrology and hydraulics studies including master drainage plans, no impact analysis, mitigation studies, river and floodplain evaluations, and other advanced H&H analyses.
- Manage the preparation of drainage reports, feasibility studies, FEMA map revisions, and public presentations.
- Utilize advanced mapping and hydrologic and hydraulic design software programs to assist in project analysis and design.
- Coordinate with local, state, and federal review agencies to ensure design meets requirements and protects the public while still delivering value to the client and exceeding their expectations.
- Mentor young engineers and EITs to cultivate a productive, healthy team environment and provide quality assurance and quality control feedback.
- Represent the company in business development activities with potential clients and community leaders and actively seek future projects.
- Prepare scope of work, proposals, and schedules for multi-phase projects.
- Work towards higher management opportunities within the company including Hydrology and Hydraulics Department Manager.
- Licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas with 8 or more years of post-graduate experience with an emphasis on Hydrology and Hydraulics.
- Technical understanding of hydrology and hydraulics and proficiency in HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Bentley products, ArcGIS, XPSWMM, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills to provide proactive steps, meet schedules, and address potential issues.
- Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a fast-paced, productive environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to complete multi-step tasks and overcome complex design and project management challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure effective communication with all parties.
- Organizational skills to provide proactive steps, meet schedules, address potential issues, and handle multiple project deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of local, state, and federal drainage requirements and procedures including thorough knowledge of FEMA and floodplain management regulations.
- Maintain ownership of work products with a desire to serve others through professional engineering.