Position: Director of Nursing
Position Status: Full-Time/ Salaried/ Exempt
Schedule: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Reports to: Executive Directors
The Director of Nursing (DON) will be responsible for effectively and efficiently organizing and overseeing all nursing operations of the facility. The DON will develop and lead a team of skilled healthcare professionals and provide clinical supervision. Under the DON’s leadership, the team will work together to implement comprehensive care plans that meet Pennsylvania State, OLTL, and Blessings4Ever standards of skilled nursing practice and comply with appropriate regulations.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Provide nursing assessments and care oversight, identify clinical trends, implement corrective action and monitor the accurate follow up.
- Participate in leadership team decisions.
- Work with the physicians and medical personnel on the best plan of action for their consumers continued care.
- Makes sure skilled staffed are fully supported, clinical documentation meets/exceeds Medicare Guidelines/Procedure.
- Maintain and keep up to date with any changes in the home health industry that may impact the agency and managing daily internal administrative operations.
- Guide and assist with staffing procedures
- Maintain compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Develop, update, and communicate nursing standards, written policies and procedures, job descriptions, and goals and objectives
- Collaborate and partner with physicians, pharmacy and other medical professionals to promote quality care and independence for our residents
- Provide on-call support for the facility.
- Control budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Ensure streamlined communications with the Executives.
- Perform other specific tasks related as assigned.
Will Demonstrate the following Skills/Qualifications:
- Proven experience as Director of Nursing.
- In-depth knowledge of home health care.
- Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting.
- Great knowledge of legal regulations and best practices in healthcare.
- Willingness to keep abreast of changing standards in nursing administration.
- Excellent ability to lead and develop personnel
- Great communication and people skills
- Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Valid CPR certification
- Ability to motivate and organize a team at all levels
- Leadership competencies including daily operations management
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- RN Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania (in good standing)
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent from an accredited program
- Minimum of 5 years in home health experience
- Supervisory experience as Director of Nursing or Home Health Nursing Supervisor preferred
- Outstanding leadership, managerial skills
- Experience setting up or managing state and local level requirements for home health agencies preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and assertiveness skills
Physical Demands & Environment
Employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk, and hear. May occasionally lift objects of 10 to 25 lbs. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Exclusion from Federal Programs
Employee may not at any time have been or be excluded from participation in any federally funded program, including Medicare and Medicaid. This is a condition of employment. Employee must immediately notify his/her manager or the Human Resources Manager if he/she is threatened with exclusion or becomes excluded from any federally funded program.
This job description is not to be misconstrued to represent an all-inclusive list of duties and/or responsibilities. Blessinsg4Ever Home Care Agency reserves the right to make changes to the job description based on business need at any time, with or without prior notification.
Blessings4Ever Home Healthcare Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Blessings4Ever Home Care AgencyLooking for a dynamic Director of Nursing (PA RN) to drive the development of a cutting edge, Skilled Home Care agency in the Philadelphia area.