Senior Data Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
BLEND360 is an award-winning, new breed Data Science\Data Engineering\BI Solutions Company focused on powering exceptional results to our Fortune 500 clients. We are a growing company—born at the intersection of advanced analytics, data and technology.
We are looking for Data Engineers who love building and pioneering while solving business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative environment to join our team. Our new Senior Data Engineer will be at the forefront of driving major projects within BLEND360 and working with our data engineering team to develop innovative data driven solutions that integrate distributed sources of data, perform large-scale learning and reasoning, and result in efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. We are looking for a self-starting, motivated individual with familiarity of some programming languages, knowledge of machine learning methods and engineering best practices.Job Description
As a Senior Data Engineer you will be responsible for implementing methods to improve data reliability and quality, creating architectures for new projects that enable data extraction and transformation for modeling as well as selecting the appropriate tech stack associated with it. You will plan out the develop cycles deploying AGILE methodologies as well as creating the foundations for good data stewardship with our new data products! You will also set up a solid code framework that needs to be built to purpose yet have enough flexibility to adapt to new business use cases, a tough but rewarding challenge!
What you’ll get:
An amazing, holistic experience in deploying full scale data products, end-to-end, making the decisions and helping with implementations from start to finish.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems, pipelines, analytical tools and programs
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for modeling
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Collaborate with data scientists and business analysts
- Mentor junior resources.
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, IT, or similar field
- 2 - 5 Years of Experience as a data engineer or similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Deep understanding, both conceptually and in practice of at least one object orientated library (Python, Scala, Java)
- Strong SQL skills and a good understanding of existing SQL warehouses and relational databases.
- Strong Spark, PySpark, Spark SQL skills and good understanding of distributed processing frameworks.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks in AWS, Azure or GCP cloud platform.
- Ability to work independently and mentor junior resources.
- Desire to mentor and develop a team of Data Engineers across multiple levels
- Nice to have: Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP), Snowflake, Databricks, Hadoop, DBT, Elastic Search, Data modeling, Airflow, CI\CD, Agile Methodologies.
The starting pay range for this role is $75,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation within the range will be dependent on several factors including but not limited to relevant experience, skills, certifications, training, and location. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range and determining factors for compensation are considered for each individual circumstance. BLEND360 also offers a competitive benefits program to meet the health and financial well-being of our team and their families. You can look forward to a range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, paid holidays, commuter benefits, spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and EAPs.
TechnologyView all jobs at Blend360
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?