Associate, Business Development - AfroTech
- Posted: over a month ago
About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million millennials per month through our growing brand portfolio which includes: Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: Blavity Inc. is seeking a Sales Associate for our AfroTech Sales team. As a Business Development Associate (BDA) at Blavity, you will partner directly with a Business Development Manager (BDM) to generate new business, identify opportunities, and pitch integrated marketing programs across branded content, social media, and live events.
This position reports directly into the Associate Director of AfroTech Sales.
- Manage inbound advertising requests and qualify leads
- Identify and contact prospective clients using outbound prospecting strategies, including cold-calling
- Schedule meetings for qualified leads through consistent and creative outreach
- Gather intelligence on potential clients to prepare BDMs for upcoming meetings
- Assist BDMs throughout the evaluation process to ensure prospective clients receive the highest quality service
- Collaborate with the BDM to outline and create pitch materials (e.g. presentations, media plans, etc.) for new and existing clients
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on fulfilling proposal requests
- Manage data within Salesforce and Dropbox (e.g. updating accounts, storing key documents)
- Collaborate with other Associates to support outside sellers; as needed
- Quality check documents for accuracy and clarity, including pitch materials and agreements, and flag discrepancies
- Support BDM during phone and in-person meetings through excellent note-taking and summarizing next steps
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Education: Undergraduate degree
- Experience: 1-2+ years of media sales or experiential sales experience and a proven track record of success, or experience in media organizations within marketing or operations functionalities; experience in successfully developing a prospect list, while tracking extensive outreach
- Technologies: Demonstrated experience with using PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Salesforce to convey ideas and compelling stories
- Collaborative, outgoing, and entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude
- Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a Full-Time, remote position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Blavity Inc.