About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded media and technology company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, unique experiences, and product solutions. Blavity Inc. has evolved into a market leader for Black media, reaching 250 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity, Blavity360º, Shadow & Act, AfroTech & Talent Infusion, 21Ninety, Travel Noire, and Home & Texture. Our Blavity, Inc. employee community is composed of passionate, energetic, and culturally conscious individuals working together to deliver value to each other, the company, and our clients. We are always searching for new additions to our community that will help us continue to scale, contribute meaningfully to our culture, and advance our strategic direction.
The Motion Designer concepts and creates compelling motion graphics and animations to enhance Blavity Inc. creative across all digital platforms including video, social media, and websites. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is an artist who demonstrates original ideas, has a niche for storytelling, can work at varying levels of abstraction, and is a master of design software.
This 1099 Contract role reports directly into the Senior Director of Creative and Content Operations. Contractors will be responsible for providing their own equipment, including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, or any other electronic equipment required to perform their role.
- Work with creative lead to conceptualize fresh and innovative animations to elevate Black stories
- Use brand guidelines to design motion graphics for Blavity events, visual campaigns, and digital products
- Ensure all projects are delivered on deadline, and in line with the Blavity Inc. brand vision
- Work in a detail-oriented fashion by delivering projects according to initial specifications and requirements
- Education: Bachelor's degree required, fine art, motion design, or similar discipline
- Required Experience: 3-4 years of experience as professional motion designer or animator
- Technologies: Proficiency with design and editing software such as After Effects, and Premiere Pro
- Additional Qualifications:
- Understands the principles of motion design
- Very detail-oriented and a thinker
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude; must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
- This position is a fully remote, 1099 contract role, which requires a minimum time commitment of 20 hours per week.
- The pay rate for this role is $500 - $750 per project.
To apply, please submit a portfolio/reel online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
Blavity Inc.Los Angeles, CA
Arts and EntertainmentView All Blavity Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.