Manager, Business Development - Digital Media
Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded media and technology company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, unique experiences, and product solutions. Blavity Inc. has evolved into a market leader for Black media, reaching 250 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity, Blavity360º, Shadow & Act, AfroTech & Talent Infusion, 21Ninety, Travel Noire, and Home & Texture. Our Blavity, Inc. employee community is composed of passionate, energetic, and culturally conscious individuals working together to deliver value to each other, the company, and our clients. We are always searching for new additions to our community that will help us continue to scale, contribute meaningfully to our culture, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: Blavity Inc. is seeking a Media Business Development Manager (BDM) to manage client relationships and close business for direct Ad Sales, programmatic, custom content and large brand campaigns. This is a quota-carrying, client-facing role that primarily collaborates with the Ad Operations team, integrated marketing as well as the Customer Success team. The ideal candidate has a passion for results, product knowledge, and has strong rapport building skills; which allows them to continuously acquire new business.
This position reports directly into the Director or VP of Digital Media Sales
- Consultatively sell Blavity Media Products (Direct, Social, Custom Content, Experiential) across our portfolio of sites by presenting our solutions against the client’s digital campaign objectives
- Cultivate and lead the negotiation process by leveraging financial models to illustrate potential ad revenue, and offering strategic alternatives that serve to maintain mutually beneficial terms
- Schedule and execute virtual and face-to-face meetings with potential and existing clients in order to build robust and meaningful client relationships
- Meet or exceed quarterly revenue goals by closing net-new business, and uncovering new opportunities within existing accounts
- Closely collaborate with Customer Success and Finance teams on active campaigns to ensure healthy relationships and that billing needs are met
- Monitor pipeline health by leveraging Salesforce CRM on a daily basis, preparing monthly forecast reports, and clearly communicating needs to senior management
- Collaborate with and coach jr. Sales Associates in designing impactful sales strategies
- Ideate with integrated marketing campaigns and work with media planners to set strategy for hitting client goals.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree – Business or equivalent preferred
- Experience: 3-5+ years proven track record in carrying a 1M+ quota within brand and media agency Sales, with an existing book of business
- Technologies: Fluent in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce, or equivalent
- A strong understanding of online advertising (e.g. Direct, Social), related technologies (e.g. Google Ad Manager, DCM), and advertising nomenclature (e.g. targeting, viewability, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and analytical mindset, with experience in using Excel to support your business case
- Experience at a fast-growing startup, large consumer Internet/eCommerce, or media company
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude
- Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
- This is a Full-Time, Remote position.
- The base salary range for this role is $70,000 - $95,000 + Commission
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
Blavity Inc.Washington, DC
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.