Experiential Talent Coordinator, AfroTech
- Posted: over a month ago
Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and news media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Job Summary: Blavity Inc. is looking for a skilled Experiential Talent Coordinator, AfroTech to support the Talent team with research, outreach and the booking of talent for Blavity’s AfroTech brand. AfroTech’s mission is to help Black professionals and startups build and achieve success in the technology industry, and to create a more prosperous and equitable future. This role will match talent with the ideal Blavity audience and event/campaign objectives and will have knowledge and existing relationships with top-tier talent within the tech, political, entertainment, and influencer spaces. The role will work cross-functionally with the events, conference operations, marketing and creative teams to ensure all talent partnerships, conferences, events and campaigns are executed smoothly and efficiently.
This 1099 Contract role will report directly to the Associate Director, Talent & Programming.
Contractors will be responsible for providing their own equipment, including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, or any other electronic equipment required to perform their role.
- Leverage both industry knowledge and data to support the Talent team in talent research and sourcing from initial outreach to contract execution.
- Work with the Talent team to strategically source and book talent and/or influencers for Blavity’s AfroTech in-person and digital products, including but not limited to AfroTech Conference, AfroTech World, and AfroTech Executive.
- Navigate and extract talent data from all major social platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube)
- Support the Talent team in tracking and organizing Blavity’s talent database.
- Manage talent turnovers to ensure all cross-functional teams have the information they need for production.
- When applicable, submit talent invoices to the Finance team, ensuring agreements are fulfilled as scoped, and invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Education: Four year degree, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in event production, programming or marketing, specifically around talent sourcing and preferably with an existing networking of talent relationships in the technology and/or finance industries.
- Technologies: Proficiency with project management software such as Asana, Keynote/PowerPoint, DocuSign, and CreatorIQ or similar software
- Additional Qualifications:
- A passion for technology and current/future trends within the space
- A passion for talent sourcing and booking
- Independent, entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude: must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills; outgoing and sociable
- Naturally detail oriented, with an obsessive need to document and communicate findings
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a fully Remote (1099) contract position, requiring an average of 20 hours per week. Candidates must be available to work in alignment with the Pacific Time Zone.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Blavity Inc.