Executive Director, Blavity.org
Blavity Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
About Blavity.org: Blavity.org is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to advancing economic progress and racial equity for Black people through entrepreneurial fellowship programs featuring grants, education, and mentorship. Black entrepreneurs are the foundation of our community having more ownership, assets, and a strong workforce. We believe that Blavity.org will be an institution that can be a catalyst for small business owners, creative entrepreneurs, and startups to scale and grow their businesses. Blavity.org is taking the organizational infrastructure and institutional knowledge gleaned from building the largest digital media brand and ad network for Black consumers at Blavity, Inc., to create a social impact organization solely focused on economic empowerment for Black people.
Job Summary: Blavity.org is seeking an adept Executive Director to lead the strategy and execution of Blavity.org; ensuring that its programs, culture, partnerships, and community impact are highly effective and tightly aligned to the organization’s mission and goals. They will oversee the internal operational and financial health of the organization, as well as serve as the face and voice of Blavity.org - articulating and promoting our vision and mission. This role is perfect for a dynamic leader who is excited about the prospect of building a high-impact social and racial organization into a leading name in the nonprofit space.
This role will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Leadership & Management
- Hire and manage a bold, strategic, and talented team who cares deeply about the mission and connects with Blavity.org’s approach; taking responsibility for driving team progress and holding them accountable for their individual goals, as well as the organization’s desired financial, programmatic, and compliance outcomes
- Ensure effective internal systems to track progress, regularly evaluate program components, and measure and effectively communicate successes to the board, sponsors, and other stakeholders
Development & Operations
- Oversee the financial and operational health of the organization; including fundraising strategy, budgeting, human resources practices, and operations
- In collaboration with the Board, facilitate the strategic planning process and development of programs, outreach, organization, and financial plans
- Mobilize your extensive networks in the social justice, philanthropy, media, and business spaces to forge impactful partnerships
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization; articulating and promoting our vision and mission
- Drive thought-leadership around and reputation of the organization and its fellows
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications; from web presence and social media strategy to external relations, with the goal of creating a stronger organizational identity
- Create robust internal and external reporting on program results
- Experience: Minimum 8 years of senior-level management experience, with a track record of effectively leading a regional and/or national organization and staff; successful fundraising and Development experience
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performing teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Proven success working with a Board of Directors, with the ability to cultivate existing relationships
- Strong public relations and marketing experience, with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- A proven commitment to the values of a vibrant and inclusive democracy; a strong labor movement; environmental protection; immigrant advocacy; LGBTQ, human, and civil rights; and racial justice
- Independent, entrepreneurial self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Comfort with ambiguity and a proven love for transforming unorganized/complex data into rigorously structured, insight-oriented solutions
- High-energy, company-first, positive attitude; must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- Naturally detail-oriented, with an obsessive need to document and communicate findings
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
Details: This is a Full-Time, Remote position that may require attendance to ad hoc meetings out of our DTLA office.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
About Blavity, Inc.: Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded technology and new media company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, and unique experiences. The company has grown into a market leader for Black media, reaching over 80 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, which includes; Blavity News, Blavity Politics, 21Ninety, AfroTech, Travel Noire, and Shadow & Act. Assembled of passionate, high-energy, and focused rock-stars, our Blavity, Inc. Team executes with our values at the forefront of mind: Love of Community, Transparency and Communication, Collective Responsibility, and Fail Fast. Blavity, Inc. is continuously looking for new team members to help us continue to scale, cultivate our community, and advance our strategic direction.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Blavity Inc.