Distribution Team Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Team Lead of Distribution
Location: Medina, Ohio
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Prepared Date: June 20, 2022
The B’laster Corporation is a small, entrepreneurial enterprise, which requires all employees to be willing to help in areas that do not fall within their specific job function. All B’laster team members must be able to work autonomously and be effective with limited supervision, collaborating and teamwork, while also understanding when and how to escalate issues and challenges. At the Medina, Ohio site our focus is distribution of multiple high-quality products.
The Team Lead of Distribution oversees the day-to-day operations within the functional areas of receiving, shipping, storage, quality control, distribution of goods, and logistics. This individual is responsible for providing leadership and driving operational excellence within the department. The shipping lead verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments. This position helps assign work, train, implement policies and procedures, and recommend improvements in our shipping distribution center methods and operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Supports the Warehouse Manager to accomplish daily production goals effectively and efficiently.
- Working closely daily with the Traffic Manager regarding shipping activities.
- Strong communication and a solid relationship between team lead and traffic manager.
- Manages daily operations to include delegation of work assignments.
- Provides real-time employee coaching and development. Gives input to Warehouse Manager in preparation for employee reviews.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Operates fork trucks or manual pallet jack to convey or move materials to proper areas.
- Loads/unloads trucks.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Unpacks, examines, and routes incoming shipments; rejects damaged items; records shortages; reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor; and assists with receiving and processing all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Ensures all orders are to customer standards.
- Responsible for putting orders together and boxing product.
- Responsible for always keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand.
- Keeps the work area and equipment clean, orderly and follows prescribed policies, procedure, and safety regulations. Works with warehouse manager to address violations.
- Takes ownership and pride in the department.
- Supports organizational changes positively through action and words.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position oversees the day-to-day activities of the shipping/distribution workers but does not have management responsibilities.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read and write in English, follow verbal instructions, and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Trained and experienced operating forklifts, and any other warehouse equipment.
- A minimum of three years of experience in shipping/receiving/distribution operations with a working knowledge of shipping/receiving/warehouse processes and best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to lift 30+ pounds.
- Understands warehouse procedures.
- High attention to detail, quality control, and continuous improvement.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Time Management.
- Verbal & Organizational Skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a non-temperature-controlled environment and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at B’laster Holdings