BlastOne is fast growth, dynamic, fast paced, rapidly evolving and continuously improving! What makes us great is phenomenal staff who fit our fantastic culture!
With a mission to improve the lives of people, we’re very honored to be ranked amongst the fastest growing private companies in North America (BlastOne was awarded the prestigious ‘Inc. 5000’ award which recognizes the fastest growing private companies in America).
What we do:
BlastOne is a leading global supplier to the Corrosion Control and Protective Coatings Industry. BlastOne sells Abrasives and sells and rents Surface Preparation & Painting Equipment.
Hiring fantastic people is our key to growth. We hire top talent who shares our values!
This is a full time, hands-on position working within a creative, energetic & highly customer focused logistics environment. The role will source, negotiate, coordinate and track our orders through their entire order process from order entry to final delivery, making sure we always meet or exceed customer expectations.
Your primary jobs are:
- Source, Quote, Negotiate, Book and Track truckload orders. Responsible for all FTL (full truckload) shipments across BlastOne's business units. Responsible for any order required a FTL shipment from order entry through to delivery to customer
- Quote, Negotiate and Book Ocean Freight Container shipments when the need arranges
- All updates are to be recorded in the system related to the order by using detailed notes
- Every FTL order is to be followed up a minimum of once per day
- This role will embody all values of teamwork, as it involves cross-functional coordination between all departments of BlastOne. The ability to work closely with the entire team is essential.
The expectation is that this position will be accountable and responsible to provide an update on any open abrasive order at any point through the day.
Rapid communication to customers, salespeople, and other involved parties is a must.
This role ensures that freight and logistics contact information is always updated in the system.
It will start out as a Logistics Coordinator, and as BlastOne grows its network of customers, it has the potential to grow into managing the logistics, set up, and network of regional abrasive warehouses.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ customer service experience
- Knowledge of transport, logistics industry
- Solve problems without stress – cool head
- Love to work in an office environment
- Excellent phone sales skills
- Passionate about customer service
- Organizational skills
- Solid grasp of basic computer systems - Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel, CRM, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail. The detail matters! If we can't get the small things right, we'll never hope to get the big things right!
- Willingness to take on other people’s problems
The Perks working at BlastOne
- Great family culture with a meaningful mission
- Free lunch every day
- Unlimited time off
- ‘Silicon Valley’ style world class office
- Generous 401k policy
- Industry leading Health Insurance & benefits program
- Global company that is growing at 25%+ per year
- Ability to put your personal stamp on the success of a company
Personality / Core Value Requirements
BlastOne is a unique company. We have a strong, close-knit team of hard working, caring professionals who have a passion for supporting our customers. We are a third-generation family business and we are dedicated to growing for generations to come. To accomplish this, we take great effort to ensure that the members we add to our team will contribute positively to the great culture we already have.
We’re happy – but we spell it HAPIEE which is an acronym for our core values and beliefs:
- H: Humility
- A: We’re Agile – we move and work quickly and are flexible – we change quick
- P: We’re positive, outgoing and Passionate! Our favourite phrase is ‘CAN DO!’
- I: We act with Integrity at all time
- E: We Execute – we do what we say we will do
- E: We always operate with Excellence and with a hard work ethic