Manufacturing Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative
- $55,000 to $65,000 Yearly
Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc. (BCT) has a full-time Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative position available.
*Potential to earn a ZERO DOLLAR MONTHLY PREMIUM Medical Insurance (that's no monthly medical insurance premiums out of your paycheck!)
*Companywide GAINSHARING with the potential of up to 10% bonus on annual pay!
*Opportunities for career growth with the Industry Leader in Shot Blast Equipment
BCT is a leader in blast equipment manufacturing and was founded on repairing, rebuilding and upgrading shot blast equipment. Partnering with industry-leading technology suppliers, we provide unmatched service and support for the foundry, forging, metal fabrication, automotive, aerospace, agriculture, defense, rail, energy and power generation industries. Our mission is to design world-class equipment, components, and system upgrades that provide solutions to long-standing problems with blast equipment.
Under the direction of the Customer Service/Inside Sales Supervisor, the Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative answers customer calls, answers customer questions, research customer inquiries, provides quotes, and enters orders. This position also supports outside sales representatives as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Receives customer calls; provides quotes; enters orders; resolves customer issues.
- Supports outside sales reps by providing quotes, following up with customers, and entering orders.
- Orders third party products, or request procurement to source products, for drop shipment directly to customers.
- Coordinates with shipping and receiving relative to customer orders, issues warehouse picks for orders, and ensures replacement or rush orders are communicated to shipping.
- Conducts technical research on OEM part numbers when parts are not in the ERP system; verifies cost, lead-times, and pricing for quotation.
- Qualifies and setup new customers in ERP system; works with accounting to establish credit terms and verify credit status of a customer.
- Processes return authorizations, works with accounting to issue customer credits, works with engineering and procurement for warranty claims; ensures warranty claims are handled timely and customer is satisfied.
- Resolves customer issues in a timely manner, tracks and reports on customer issues on a monthly basis, does corrective actions as needed.
- Prospects for new customers and follows up on dormant accounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical knowledge/background in manufacturing is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with others in the organization to resolve problems.
- A strong desire to provide a high degree of customer service.
Education and/or Experience
- An Associate degree in Business or other relevant field, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of customer service/inside sales experience required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employee policies and procedures, union contract, handbooks, and benefit information. Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily in an office environment, with work that will occasionally take them out to the shop floor. While performing the duties of this job out in the shop, the employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. When in the shop the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the shop is sometimes loud enough to require hearing protection.
BCT is hiring!
We are looking for enthusiastic people who share our passion for manufacturing top quality shot cleaning equipment. BCT is proud to be the only shot blast cleaning manufacturer in the U.S. At BCT, our employees are our most important resource and we take great pride in making BCT a casual and enjoyable workplace. We pride ourselves in offering the following incentives:
- Employee gain sharing
- Company cookouts
- Over 2 million dollar investment in our historic West Allis location (upgrades and refurbishment)
- Dedicated to being the only shot blast cleaning manufacturer in the U.S.
- Comprehensive benefits and 401K offering
- Value a work-life balance, generous PTO plan and several paid U.S. holidays
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer/Veteran/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Blast Cleaning Technologies, IncMilwaukee, WI
BusinessView All Blast Cleaning Technologies, Inc Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.