Senior Corporate Controller
Blast Analytics Roseville, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Ready to Make your Mark?
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Corporate Controller with a proven track record of leadership to join our high growth company. Reporting to the CEO, this person will serve as a key member of our leadership team with responsibility for all aspects of the finance and accounting department. This is a high visibility role with active participation in influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, and financial forecasting.
As Senior Corporate Controller, you will provide the financial data and insights to support the CEO and leadership to make informed strategic and operational business decisions to keep up with the demands of Blast's high-growth business. This position engages cross-functionally, maintains strong communications and relationships with all leaders to understand complex issues and goals, develops creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provides business guidance and insight through financial reporting. This is a great opportunity for a leader with exceptional financial and business expertise looking for an opportunity to play a key role in the growth and evolution of our company.
This position is based in our Roseville HQ office with some flexibility to work from home. Remote work is available during COVID in compliance with state and local work orders.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Blast Analytics is a strategic analytics consulting company accelerating the complex analytics journey for enterprise and mid-market clients. We solve clients’ data challenges to help optimize marketing campaigns, improve customer experience, increase competitive advantage, and, ultimately, EVOLVE their organizations.
With approximately 70+ teammates sharing a purpose to “Make Your Mark” — on our company, teammates, clients, industry, and community — Blast has been named one of Inc. magazine’s top 5000 fastest-growing private companies and is also a Great Place to Work-Certified company.Why Work at Blast
At Blast, we believe in meaningful work. Regardless of role, you'll have the opportunity to Make Your Mark every day, solving challenges and seeing the positive impact of your contributions, as we support leaders to EVOLVE their organizations. Join us to Make Your Mark — on each other, our clients, our company, our industry, and the community. Ask any employee why they come to work at Blast, and they'll say, "to make my mark!" The team validated for a second straight year - we BELIEVE Blast is a Great Place to Work! Blast is proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work for both 2019 & 2020.To Be Successful
- Able to use critical thinking to solve complex problems and plan for the future
- Team building and coaching skills
- Confident in your ability to create and explain complex, financial analysis
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail orientation
- Ability to collaborate and influence others
- Make Your Mark on clients and teammates.
- 10+ years of relevant analytical, and financial leadership experience preferably in services, consulting, or agency environment
- CPA or CFA strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, Masters in Accounting or MBA
- Willingness and ability to multi-task, work hands-on with a sense of urgency, ability to collaborate and deliver an excellent work product in a fast-paced, and rapidly growing dynamic company
- Strong communication; experience presenting to senior leadership and executives
- A track record of close partnership with the senior leadership of an organization, influencing business decisions and strategy
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning
- Known for developing high performing teams, fostering collaboration, and creating a learning culture to stay ahead of the growth curve
- Working knowledge of ERP/PSA (Professional Services Accounting) system functionality and reporting capabilities
- Experience with Salesforce
- Develop and implement best-in-class FP&A processes and procedures to enable informed business decision-making for executives and practice/department leaders with the goal of driving financial performance across the organization
- Create and establish financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Oversight and leadership of budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the CEO, VP Solutions, VP Analytics and Controller; administration and review of financial plans and budgets; monitoring of progress and communication of changes to keep Leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with practice/department leaders across the organization to understand changing priorities and key business drivers that may impact financial performance
- Support sales and client retention efforts with financial analysis on opportunities to ensure company performance objectives are reached
- Develop and maintain a high performing finance & accounting organization by retaining, mentoring, training, and hiring top talent
- Work closely with the Controller and Senior Accountant to analyze and present financial statements in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit and tax filing processes, liaise with external auditors/tax advisors
- Implement all necessary business policies, accounting practices, and financial controls
- Optimize investment in FinancialForce/PSA ERP system
- Additional duties as requested
Chief Executive Officer, Accounting team members, Vice President Solutions, Vice President Analytics, Senior Director Operations, Senior Director Human Resources, and other subject matter experts.Are You a Fit?
Blast Analytics is a small yet rapidly growing company that is continuously inspired to learn and tackle challenges in digital analytics and marketing. To get an idea of whether or not you would be a fit within our culture, please review our core values.Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary based on experience, Blast offers extensive benefits for full-time employees which include medical, dental, and vision insurance along with paid time off, a 401(k) plan, and much more. We provide a supportive, challenging, and fun work environment to ensure teamwork, productivity, and teammate happiness.How to Apply
If you like what you’ve read thus far, please complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF format. We read cover letters and weigh them heavily in our decision to consider an applicant. We are not interested in placement agencies or companies at this time.
Blast Analytics is an “at-will” employer. Compensation, benefits, and job descriptions are subject to change based on individual performance and business conditions.
Blast Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Powered by JazzHR