Property Manager – The Commons, Ballard
Full Time Regular | Permanent
Reports to Portfolio Manager
Compensation $50 - $60k/year + benefits (Fully paid healthcare premiums, 401k) | Exempt Salary
Blanton Turner is on the hunt for its next AMAZING Property Manager looking to manage The Commons, a luxury community facing Ballard Commons Park.
If you're an experienced Manager who is looking to take your next step and work with fun people at an incredible company, check out the details below...we'd love to hear from you!
Renovation experience preferred.
- The Property Manager has exceptional customer service, business management and project management skills and exemplifies the attitude and management philosophy of Blanton Turner.
- Building Managers at Blanton Turner are considered managers of multi-million dollar businesses and are expected to manage their properties accordingly.
- Reports to the Portfolio Manager
- Interacts with property owners and their representatives in a professional manner and in conjunction with all Principals at Blanton Turner.
- Interacts with residents and tenants with the highest level of customer service and positive, will-do attitude.
- Works proactively with business partners including all vendors and other personnel serving the property and its residents.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in property management or related field.
- 4-year college degree required.
- ARM or CPM designation & WA Real Estate license desired.
- Computer literate; proficient with productivity software including MS Office, Office 365 and Google Docs.
- Experience with YARDI Voyager 6.0 desired; ability to learn quickly required.
- Customer service experience preferred; excellent customer service, communication skills and writing skills required.
- Able to prioritize duties and efficient time management skills required.
Experience with renovations preferred
Maintaining the Physical Asset
- Prioritize, schedule and monitor daily activities, service requests, inspections, make-ready priorities and construction/improvement projects.
- Perform detailed daily property walks to ensure all maintenance and custodial issues are promptly addressed.
- Work in conjunction with Maintenance Manager to diagnose common household and commercial building maintenance issues and provide quality solutions in a timely manner.
- Identify issues preemptively and prepare for preventative maintenance.
- Maintain permits and required maintenance plans.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies.
Marketing and Leasing
- Prepare and adhere to the marketing and leasing plan.
- Oversee and perform leasing duties including responding to inquiries, showing apartments and preparing and executing leases.
- Adhere to the branding guide to maintain brand integrity.
- Conduct market surveys and have an informed understanding of market trends.
- Collaborate with portfolio manager to assess changes in the rental market through analysis of traffic and rental records.
- Maintain Fair Housing guidelines while being culturally aware and be able to work with diverse groups of people and interests.
Financial Reporting & Control
- Work with portfolio manager to create annual budget.
- Adhere to approved budget and review financial statements monthly.
- Negotiate for supplies and services with vendors and contractors to achieve the best possible prices while maintaining high-quality product, service and craftsmanship.
- Manage accounts receivable and delinquencies.
- Complete income and expense work flows in YARDI Voyager.
- Control petty cash/debit card funds, ACH set-up/processing and fund transfers.
- Manage and maintain both physical and digital resident, vendor and project files.
- Communicate effectively with residents, Blanton Turner employees, managers and vendors (verbally and in writing).
- Provide office coverage Tuesday through Saturday from 9AM to 6PM or as needed.
- Provide superior customer service at all times and continually review and improve customer service strategies.
- Anticipate resident needs and maintain a positive will-do attitude.
- Organize and implement Lease Renewal program.
- Maintain regular communication with residents, coordinate resident events and conduct resident satisfaction surveys.
- Continually build value throughout the community by investigating potential services or benefits that can be passed to residents.
- Perform regular community outreach to build networking relationships throughout the neighborhood.
About Blanton Turner
Blanton Turner is a Seattle-based property management firm providing multi-family and student housing developers and owners with real estate solutions for a new economy. We're a proven team that has been working together for years. We think like owners, run properties like the multi-million dollar businesses they are, apply insight gained through our extensive background in development, and enjoy having a little fun while we're at it.
Our approach to property management relies on our basis in relationships and perspective of property management as running a multi-million dollar business. Our dynamic management style starts with the people. For every property, we focus on finding the right person with a personality that complements the character of the building. Most of our managers are college graduates, and most also hold advanced credentials from IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management), including Certified Property Manager (CPM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) and Accredited Commercial Manager (ACOM) accreditations.
Blanton Turner team members receive the tools and training to succeed, and more importantly, the empowerment to be sensational. What does sensational look like? To us, it's a cared-for property, engaged residents and tenants, and increasing returns to our clients.
Learn more at www.blantonturner.com.