Transport Driver II
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Transport Drive II is responsible for safely operating commercial motor vehicles with 5 to 8 axle configurations on public highways with the ability to maneuver these vehicles in challenging situations such as jobsites and developments with limited space.
What you will do:
- Responsible for transporting over dimensional loads on public highways with an overall width of legal 8’ 6” up to 16’, overall height from legal 13’ 6” up to 16’ and overall length up to 90’.
- Responsible for transporting overweight loads on public highways with a GVW up to 160,000 Lbs.
- Capable of maintaining HOS records, electronically and/or on paper logs.
- Perform all required pre and post-trip inspections.
- Operate, load, and unload parts and equipment to be hauled.
- Ensure that all loads are properly prepared, loaded and secured before the vehicle proceeds from each stop. Personally check and inspect the load. Perform a thorough check of the truck before and after each stop.
- Properly secure any loose timbers and ramps with chains when in transit. Personally remove and put away chains when unloading. Prepare before and stow away after each trip, the vehicle, trailer and all auxiliary equipment such as chains, blocks and gear.
- Comply with all ICC, DOT, State and local traffic and highway laws, rules and regulations. Safely operate all equipment in compliance with all legal weight and load size limits.
- Electronically inspect and take pictures of all equipment at the time of delivery and pick up. All questionable machine damage reported immediately.
- Electronically ship and receive all equipment transported at the time it arrives or departs from a company facility.
- Assist in loading or unloading the trucks. Ensure all loads are properly prepared, loaded and secured to avoid shifting, loosening, or falling while in route.
- Ensure manifests are accurate and error free. All items transported are on the manifest.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintain company equipment by checking fuel, oil, water, tires, etc. on truck and equipment before starting. All equipment is kept clean and maintained properly. Report all equipment operational defects or concerns to the fleet coordinator.
- Keep driver’s license and required CDL and all endorsements current. Notify supervisor of any driver license problems within 24 hours.
- Ensure all required paperwork is properly completed within applicable time deadlines.
- Work extra hours and scheduled days off up to the limit permissible by DOT when requested by supervisor.
- Perform out of town work which may require overnight travel per supervisor request. Cost of meals, hotel, etc. will be reimbursed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina Class "A" CDL with less than three moving violations in the past three years.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience hauling heavy equipment and oversized loads is required.
- Must have knowledge of DOT laws and regulations.
- Prefer a candidate with knowledge of South Carolina's roadways.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
- Ability to set and keep priorities while professionally handling the stress of operating in a fast paced industry with rigid time frames.
- Must be an enthusiastic hard worker with the ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
TO BE CONSIDERED CUT AND PASTE THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY ON THE COMPANY WEBSITE
Blanchard Machinery Company is committed to fostering a high-performance work culture with challenging work opportunities that inspire high quality results. Some of the benefits for joining our team are:
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing, generous PTO and paid holidays, uniforms, and much more.
- Exposure to world-class CAT training and development.
- Continuous exposure to learning and new technologies.
- Opportunities for advancement.
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Blanchard Machinery