The EPG Project Manager coordinates the delivery and execution of Caterpillar Electric Power Generation sales projects, working with the sales staff, suppliers, and the customer.
- Contributes to a positive work environment and promotes the vision, mission and values of BMC.
- Completes all job responsibilities in a safe manner, promotes and champions a safe and healthy work environment.
- Responsibilities will include written and verbal communication with all parties involved; i.e. purchase orders with suppliers, submittals with engineering, communication with management, sales staff, and sales engineering.
- Keep abreast of new product developments, merchandising and pricing programs.
- Responsible for all logistics of equipment delivery; which could include freight, crane, and site coordination.
- Coordinate with Caterpillar group for engineering design, build, order processing, and delivery.
- Travel will be required; i.e. to, 3rd party supplier, customer job site.
- Coordinate with Service Department for In-house and Field Technician as needed.
- Process all the necessary reports to Caterpillar related to day-to-day operations, merchandising assistance, and all other information requested.
- Continually strive to maximize gross profit on all projects.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned; to include areas in Blue Bird Bus and Electric Power.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree and/or related project management experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable about CAT Engines is a plus.
- High degree of interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service while projecting a professional image at all times.
- A combination of manufacturing, parts, field service or shop repair, foreman, sales, etc... experience is desired.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations' use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Ability to read drawings, one-lines and specifications to discuss projects with contractors, engineers and architects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - must possess the personal discipline to establish the proper image as a representative of Blanchard Machinery.
- Enthusiastic - hard worker with the ability to complete work with minimal supervision.
- Organizational and time management skills required.
- Personal commitment to continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Solid Works and/or AutoCAD and Experience with Project Management tools such as Gantt Charts are a plus.
- Experience with CAT Electronic Technician, SAP, DBS, Lotus Notes, and EOMP systems
- The physical environment requires the employee to work inside as well as in shop/machine environments (non-climate controlled) and on customer job sites.
- Position requires employee to be physically present at the job site location.
- Job requires standing, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, turning, and lifting.
- Use of computer and other forms of technology to complete job responsibilities.
External Company Name: Blanchard Machinery Company
External Company URL: www.blanchardmachinery.com
Street: 3149 Charleston Highway