· We are seeking a Territory Sales Representative/Business development member to join our team! Core Competences of the Candidate must have knowledge in the following.
· Extensive understanding of standard and refrigerated freight negotiations
· Extensive knowledge and background working with freight & refrigerated transporters across the U.S.
· Knowledge of freight & refrigerated transporters; equipment and geographic coverage area - what carriers to use...when, where and why.
· Work directly with customer service representatives to arrange shipments, schedule, and resolve service issues.
· Tracking and updating transit status of all freight related issues.
· Understanding of load tender and information associated with/tied into brokers and CSR’s
· Retrieval of supporting documentation supplying customers’ needs and expectations
· 1-3 years of Temperature Controlled Freight experience
· Extensive knowledge of logistics and transportation
· Be a part of the Blakeman Philosophy of core principles, ethics and morals!
· Set targets higher than expected.
· High call volume and leads acquisition.
· Be extremely proactive.
· Must possess an exceptional organizational skill set.
· Chase passion, handle adversity, encompass a winning mentality.
· Thrive on action and hard work.
· Can work full-time M-F 8am to 5pm, but willing to work outside normal business hours to ensure success.
Our focus was to provide world class Temperature Controlled Transportation Services to the Food Industry. We began with providing Truck load and limited LTL delivery services. Today we are a recognized leader and trusted provider of a broad range of Cold Chain Supply Services to the Food Industry. With a network of Temperature Controlled Cross dock and Consolidation facilities, we can offer a cost effective and efficient weekly nationwide LTL distribution service.
In 2006 Blakeman Transportation expanded its transportation services to include Dry Van, Flatbed, Expedited, and Specialized Equipment. We also offer both dry and refrigerated warehousing and related distributions services.
We have been an active member of the Transportation Intermediary Association (TIA) since 1995. Through the TIA, we are involved in lobbying in congress for continued improvements in transportation safety, security protection, drivers hours of service, qualification for entry and many other issues pertaining to transportation. BTI maintains a $100,000 bond to show both our customers and carriers that we mean business and stand behind what we do.