Growing software company in the San Fernando Valley
Senior Financial Analyst
$85 to $105K DOE plus bonus
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for collecting, reporting and interpreting key financial information for decision makers both within and outside of the Finance Department.
· Provide financial expertise, analysis, and guidance in direct support of the company’s leadership team collaborating with team members at all levels of the company.
· Develop financial and data models to aid in better understanding overall financial performance and wealth enhancement.
· Create and/or generate necessary reporting and analyses for business segments, brands, and products in support of strategic decision making.
· Responsible for complex and comprehensive financial activities or functions related to P&L management including ownership, oversight, and support of profitability analysis, operating expense trends, business plan development, budgeting, cost accounting and other areas relating to financial or managerial accounting and analysis.
· Design, develop and prepare accurate and timely reports and analysis, providing financial guidance and general business direction for influencing business decisions and the achievement of strategic goals.
· Investigate and explain variances or unexpected results
· Design, develop, implement, and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports that provide management with information used in the decision-making process of various initiatives/projects.
· Provide financial leadership in all aspects of current and prospective business ventures.
· Assist in the analysis of financial data and extract and define relevant information.
· Assume leadership role within the finance department and drive initiatives to successful conclusion.
· Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
· 3-5 years – Experience in Accounting or Finance Field
· Advanced MS Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc)
· Proficiency with preparing and modeling financial ratios and analytics
· Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
· Previous experience with Oracle or other ERP system, preferred
· Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work assignments with limited guidance in a changing environment
· Strong problem solving/ analytical skills
· Ability to seek and obtain information from a wide range of sources and individuals both within, and outside of, the Finance department
· Must be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and complete assignments quickly and accurately.
· Excellent presentation, communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, and other related fields or equivalent experience