Position: We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician for our Columbus/Starkville, MS region. The Service Technician performs field support activities, which involve start-up, preventive and corrective maintenance within the assigned territory. The selected candidate will possess the air compressor repair experience, knowledge and skills for effective utilization of related equipment and proven troubleshooting processes and procedures. Position reports to Service Manager.
Responsibilities/Requirements (include but not limited to):
- Must have 2 - 5 years electrical/mechanical industrial experience
- Knowledge of customer equipment operations, able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to correctly troubleshoot, repair all components and brands of air compressors
- Must be able to properly use multi meters, ammeters, vibration and infrared meters.
- Must be able to successfully perform the above while meeting the Company and Customer’s safety requirements.
- Read and comprehend P&I drawings, ID/GA drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance such as oil changes, cleaning and setting controls.
- Must be able to set up rigging equipment and safely remove and reinstall motors, compressors and associated components.
- Must be able to safely use all hand tools and power tools such as drill motors, grinders, band saws, etc.
- Must have understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic principles and components.
- Knowledge of different types of piping such as types of copper, black, aluminum and galvanized.
- EPA certifications with Freon experience a plus.
- Excellent driving record and able to drive service van or pickup truck is required.
- Complete paperwork daily
- Provide on call response during assigned week
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have verifiable air compressor repair experience, be a team player, self-motivated and able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. A strong background in mechanical and electrical is necessary. This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping and kneeling. It requires the employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs. frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
Blake & Pendleton offers an excellent and comprehensive benefit package. Wages are competitive and commensurate with skill level and experience.
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check.
Qualified individuals please send your resume in MS Word or PDF format.