Construction Sales/Estimator Job Description
We are seeking a skilled, compassionate and motivated sales/estimator to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for setting and running leads for residential interior and exterior upgrades, remodels and additions, as well as, creating labor and material-based cost estimates and help grow the company by producing sales. Salary + Commission package based on experience.
Construction Sales/Estimator Job Duties to include but not limited to:
· Meet with client at property to discuss project and take any necessary notes, pictures or measurements.
· Review site visit notes, pictures, or drawings to calculate the labor and materials needed to complete a project.
· Create cost estimate for project based on labor and materials needs to complete project and type proposal.
· Review and evaluate cost estimates with manager prior to sending to client.
· Ensure timely completion of estimates based on expectation set with client.
· Manage bid pricing from all vendors associated with bid.
· Communicate with client throughout estimating process via phone, email or in person.
· Follow up with customers to gather their thoughts and opinions on the provided estimates. This includes speaking with customers over the phone, through email, and in person.
· Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects.
· Prepare purchase orders in detail for all sold jobs.
· Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
· Communicate with production or project manager on scope of work and material deliveries.
· Work as a liaison between field and vendors and field and client.
· Communicate with client to discuss the status of their project once work has begun.
Construction Sales/Estimator requirements
· Previous working experience as construction sales/estimator
· 10 years field work or an in-depth knowledge of construction practices
· Familiarity with computer programs such as Microsoft, Excel and CRM software such as Job Progress
· Good time-management skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Critical-thinker and problem-solver
· Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
· Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
The growth of our business depends almost entirely on the good references and recommendations we receive from our customers. That’s the basis for our company motto – “Your Satisfaction is Our Reputation.” It means that we only succeed when we provide the high level of service and craftsmanship that will earn us your praise.
Blair Construction, LLC
Why Work Here?Blair Construction was founded in 1994 and has grown to a full-service home improvement contractor and home remodeler with customers throughout Maryland. But we insist on retaining the same attitude we started with: neighbors helping neighbors. We think it’s the only way to do business. The growth of our business depends almost entirely on the good references and recommendations we receive from our customers. That’s the basis for our company motto – “Your Satisfaction is Our Reputation.” It means that we only succeed when we provide the high level of service and craftsmanship that will earn us your praise.
Company with a great reputation, positive culture and core values with fair compensation and great benefits.