For over 60 years, Blain Supply has worked to keep Blain's Farm & Fleet stores growing as the world of retail changes from day-to-day. As our company continues to expand, we need talented, forward-thinking members to add to our team.
Whether you're just starting out on your career or if you're looking for a change, we want you to bring your passion and experience to Blain Supply. We strive to ensure that our work environment is positive, challenging, and rewarding while offering our associates exceptional career growth potential. As a member of the Blain Supply family, you will benefit from working for a stable, family-owned company that is closed on major holidays and offers a comprehensive, competitive benefits plan.
The Director of Engineering leads the planning and execution for all real estate acquisition, property construction and renovations, and facilities management for Blain Corporation. The Director will oversee and be held accountable for the Facilities Management team, Project Management team, and Drafting team. Serving in a key strategic leadership role, the Director is responsible for short-term management and long-term planning for all corporate, distribution, and retail locations. This is a significant and challenging role that will support and foster corporate expansion goals.
Foster a culture of high performance, focusing on engagement, accountability, innovation, and collaboration.
- Lead the coordination of pre-development planning including market research, traffic analysis, building design, leasing, and zoning.
- Assist in preparation of business plans for prospective project locations, including research and analysis of economy, real estate market fundamentals, and major economic and industry trends
- Partner with real estate brokers to negotiate with communities, businesses, and public utilities
- Property evaluation and closing process
- Provides investment proposals and information to Senior Leadership to make decisions that align the real estate portfolio with the organization's goals
- Directs and aids in the identification, feasibility analysis, and negotiation of real estate acquisitions and in structuring and negotiating letters of intent, business terms of purchases, and sales agreements for acquisitions.
- Act as a liaison between Blain's, vendor partners, and legal counsel to ensure smooth and adequate flow of information for negotiation, and to maintain schedules, budgets, and deadlines
- Directs architectural, engineering, and construction teams to ensure that all projects are designed and delivered within Blain's standards of quality, adhering to established budgets and time-frames.
- Directs engineering department in formulating designs, cost estimates, and specifications
- Understand and ensure adherence to licensing and organizational standards, OSHA, federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Store Operations and Finance to prepare construction forecasts and appropriation requests for executive team review and approval
- Oversee review and implementation of updated processes, best practices, and equipment as needed to ensure compliance and competitive advantage
- Ensures projects are managed effectively and efficiently and are delivered on-time, on-budget; takes appropriate actions to mitigate cost overruns and ensures all project meet required architectural standards
- Oversees the management of vendor, contract, and regulatory agency relationships
- Oversee and provide guidance as needed to bid and negotiate vendor agreements and contracts for lawn and snow services, parking lot repairs, janitorial, preventive maintenance, etc.
- Ensure adherence to budgets, review and approve major equipment purchases, and monitor utility expense management as needed.
Travel intense, with 50%+ travel potential
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field
- 10-15 years of experience in civil, structural, electrical, or mechanical engineering
- 5+ years of project management for large-scale design and construction projects, retail preferred
- Experience in project valuation and business modeling with demonstrated financial acumen
- Real estate, law, planning, or engineering certifications and/or licenses preferred
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacations*
- Profit sharing*
- Parental leave*
- Flexible work schedule
- Associate discount program
- Exciting and engaging work environment
- Short and long term disability and life insurance
Requisition ID: 2019-7879
External Company Name: Blain Supply, Inc.
External Company URL: http://www.farmandfleet.com
Street: 3507 E Racine Street