Review data from Cardiac monitors to provide physicians with results to help determine treatment for patients. This position requires a strong ability to read and interpret EKG strips as well as communicate with doctors and other departments throughout the organization. This is a 24/7 facility. This position is NOT available to work from home and is an in-office position ONLY.
- Use proprietary software to triage incoming data from ambulatory cardiac monitoring device, seeking out urgent arrhythmias and making notification calls to physicians.
- Rapid and accurate interpretation of EKG strips
- Analyze data to prepare reports on clinical findings.
- Telephone communication with patients and doctors regarding clinical findings and troubleshooting device.
- Occasional overtime available
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Required Education and Experience
- Must complete 16 hours of CME's every 3 years.
- Successful completion of a basic, intermediate and advanced ECG course
- Ability to interpret ECG rhythm strips without any assistance
- Certified Cardiovascular Technician (CCT) certification or Certified Rhythm Analysis (CRAT)
- A minimum of three years of experience in healthcare or other office environment
- Eligible to be hired in a healthcare facility with an appropriate background check
- Clear communication skills including written documentation and verbal contact
- Basic computer and typing skills
- Ability to work effectively in groups and independently with minimum supervision
- Professional communication skills
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. Second language a plus.
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Aptitude for learning new software programs and concepts
- Comfortable in a General office environment with peers working close in proximity
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time while using the computer and phone extensively
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blackstone Medical Services
Why Work Here?
Join this INC 5000 company, as the largest Home Sleep Testing Provider, we love improving and saving the lives of our patients!