Summary: Helps Executive Chef prepare and cook foods. Coordinates activities of cooks and other food-service workers. Assumes responsibility for kitchen and food-service workers in the absence of Executive Chef.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares food following approved recipes and production standards. Ensures all deadlines are met based on production orders.
- Supervises hourly food service associates. Includes interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as appropriate.
- Stores food in designated areas following all corporate, state and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Interacts with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information directly to supervisor.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains them to associates and customers.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitors inventory and deliveries of product and supplies. Tracks product production, consumption and waste. Informs supervisor when supplies or product are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow employee handbook, policy and procedures, and payroll requirements.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.