Blackstone Consulting Inc Wahiawā, HI
- Posted: 29 days ago
- $12 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
The Stocker is responsible for receiving merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders. They work in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage facilities. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Blackstone Consulting, Inc. may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight, including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to ensure freshness.
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account payable/purchasing system.
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and shipped.
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and storage.
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not meet Blackstone Consulting, Inc. specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by sweeping and mopping.
- Provides security for all stock in the storeroom and/or refrigerator/freezer.
- Follows all safety requirements of Blackstone Consulting, Inc. the facility, local, state and federal jurisdictions.
- May move or transport materials or supplies to other departments using hand or industrial trucks.
- Complies with all Blackstone Consulting, Inc. HACCP/OSHA, and/ or local policies and procedures related to all
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May fill in for “Stock worker and Receiver Sr.” in their absence.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., phone)
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private) Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including background investigation, if applicable.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedure manuals. Ability
to write accurate, Ability to communicate effectively with customers, visitors, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, employees and client representatives.
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying:
•One year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties and responsibilities.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Interact with and manage (as required) the workforce in a fair and consistent manner.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Blackstone Consulting Inc
Blackstone Consulting Inc. (BCI) strives to provide excellent service in a timely and professional manner while maintaining a professional environment where respect for each individual is upheld. We are committed to providing cost-effective solutions to our customers through our team of trained managers and employees.
RetailView all jobs at Blackstone Consulting Inc