Command Center Officer
Blackstone Consulting Inc Hyattsville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1991 by company president Joe Blackstone, Blackstone Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is an international service provider supporting nearly 6,000 employees.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with the functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors. Assist with the protection of staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace. Primary functions include the Security Operation Center Dispatcher/Operator is directly responsible for answering telephones, acknowledging alarm signals, monitoring video recording devices as assigned throughout the assigned Service Area, and providing the information to the Security SOC Administrator, supervisor and officers accurately. The SOC Dispatcher/Operator is also responsible for documenting incidents (including names, actions and times) on the Daily Activity Report. The SOC Dispatcher/Operator responds to security needs of Kaiser Permanente, its agents or contractors and BCI personnel.
- Direct responsibility for back-up, Security and Documentation of critical database(s)
- Direct responsibility for ensuring all Staff members are in compliance
- Direct responsibility for ensuring all System Testing Programs are in compliance
- Firs Point of Contact for other Staff members: technical and logistical support
- Direct responsibility for accumulation of Statistical Reporting data as assigned
- Direct responsibility for ensuring Inventory and Repair Status records are in compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Investigates incidents of unusual circumstances reported by Kaiser Permanente personnel, visitors, physicians or patients and reports an incident, verbally or through general incident form, by the end of each shift.
- Writes incident reports and documents investigative steps and results.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients.
- Patrols buildings and grounds; and inspects doors, windows, and locks to determine level of security.
- Patrols parking areas to detect any irregularities.
- Inspects outgoing parcels as necessary to prevent theft of Kaiser Permanente property.
- Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
- Assists and gives courteous responses to any inquiries made by patients, visitors, or personnel.
- Enforces all Kaiser Permanente & BCI policies and procedures as assigned by Administration and BCI Management.
- Performs all other responsibilities as directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
The incumbent must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of necessary knowledge, skill, and ability. Computer operational knowledge is required.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
Must have valid Government issued Driver’s License or valid state ID card, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Certification or Guard Card and Require International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Officer Certification Training within 9 months of assigned lesson plan.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as police reports, local and state law, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write accurate, clear and concise crime, incident and investigative reports. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, medical staff, employees, peers and visitors.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Pass each healthcare competency exam and/or skills lab including a managing or defusing assaultive behavior training program or similar course as described by the client
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to Multi-task is very pragmatic function of this position
Blackstone Consulting Inc
Blackstone Consulting Inc. (BCI) strives to provide excellent service in a timely and professional manner while maintaining a professional environment where respect for each individual is upheld. We are committed to providing cost-effective solutions to our customers through our team of trained managers and employees.
4000 Garden City DrHyattsville, MD
GovernmentView all jobs at Blackstone Consulting Inc