Prep Cook PM Shift (Part-Time, Z1)
- $21 Hourly
TUESDAY - THURSDAY (12:30PM to 9PM, NO WEEKEND OR HOLIDAY WORK) - GREAT WORK/LIFE BALANCE
Work onsite at a state of the art Corporate Caf , creating quality meals from scratch with fresh ingredients.
Prep Cook ($21/hr plus $18 daily meal voucher!)
Seeking a future employee that has worked within a major institution where meals are mass prepared (200-800 served at each meal service).
- Certificate in food handling/sanitation methods, or ServSafe certified preferred.
- Experienced in customer service
- Strong work ethics
- Experience Demonstrated history of related Food Service experience
- Prior Cook experience within a fast pace/high volume environment
- Ability to prepare and cook to order foods requiring short preparation time.
- Ability to reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Ability to perform progressive cooking
- Prepares and cooks to order foods requiring short preparation time.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Replenish the serving line.
- Typically, performs fast food cooking and grill cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and keeps records in order to accurately plan production requirements and requisition supplies and equipment.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all company, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Set steam tables; serve or ensure proper serving of food.
- Cleans area of responsibility and practices "Clean As You Go".
- Performs progressive cooking.
- Adhere to the BCI rules and regulations set forth in the employee handbook.
- Comply with all HACCP standards.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Duties may be assigned by the Supervisor, Dining Facility Manager, or Project Manager.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation. Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment, including but not limited to, knife, forks, measuring utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- May lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Stands and moves within the kitchen area for 6 to 8 hours (excluding break and lunch periods)
- Some bending and squatting.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of pre-employment screening
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process; including drug screen and background investigation and meet Company standards.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Job Type: Part time
Salary: $21.00 per hour
- Afternoon shift
- Evening shift
Weekly day range:
- Tuesday - Thursday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cupertino, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Blackstone Consulting, IncCupertino, CA
Get fresh Prep Cook PM Shift (Part-Time, Z1) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.