Food Sanitation Specialist
JOIN OUR TEAM ONSITE AT KBAY - BCI is seeking candidates to help at MCBH and serve the Troops!
Pay Rate: $13.62/hr
- Must have a strong customer service, experienced with food service and willing to learn the Marine Corps Contract.
- Ability to provide cleaning services within a Food Service environment.
- Must have solid work ethics.
- Demonstrated history of related Food Service cleaning and customer service.
The principal responsibility of the Food Sanitation Specialist is to ensure the proper cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and dining facility in accordance with the contract requirements. Serving food the the military personnel, washing dishes, cleaning tables etc. Food Sanitation Specialist must communicate to supervisor any specific problems in their immediate area. The FSS/MA will relocate foods, beverages, and cleaning supplies to the immediate work area.
- Clean all table tops, and ensure that all counters and window sills are free from dust.
- Ensure that all dining facility floors are swept, and mopped on a daily basis. Bi-weekly floor waxing is also required.
- Ensure that all napkin dispensers, salt and pepper shakers, and condiments dispensers are full before and after each meal.
- Serve food to the military personnel
- load and unload dirty dishes to the scullery machine/pot shack.
- Remove all dishes from the collection station and wash according to HACCP standards. Wash all pots and pans and utensils in accordance to the HACCP standards.
- Ensure that all kitchen floors are swept, and mopped on a daily basis. Bi-weekly floor waxing is also required.
- Clean other kitchen equipment on a daily basis, or as needed.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Work in a standing position within the dining facility and kitchen areas for 6 to 7 hours (excluding break and lunch periods)
- Some bending and stooping
- Adhere to the company rules and regulations as set forth in the employee handbook.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.