Position Title: Dispatcher Department: Dispatch Operations
Job Location: Fontana CA
Shift Manager Full Time & Non-Exempt
Graveyard shift and day shifts available
The Dispatcher supports Operations and our customer by performing at a high level of efficiency and professionalism. The Dispatcher works closely with both Planning and Order Entry departments in efficiently tracking trips and deliveries with utmost accuracy. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: route planning, customer service, trouble shooting, and heavy phone use.
1. Minimum of 1-year planning and dispatching in logistics
2. In-depth knowledge of dispatch practices and procedures
3. Strong current knowledge of DOT & FMCSA Compliance (Hours of Service)
4. Knowledge of route and tracking software
5. Excellent verbal/written competencies and overall communication effectiveness
6. Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel, data entry, etc.
7. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and work within a team structure
1. Strong computer skills with proficiency in Windows XP or above, MS Office and Outlook
2. Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail, decision-making and executing with excellence
3. Considerable knowledge of company organization and operational policies and procedures
4. Skill in organizing work flow and coordinating activities
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
6. Ability to make administrative decisions, solve problems and answer questions in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, and company policies and procedures
7. Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with internal/external customers, vendors, and peers
8. Facilitate excellent communication and synchronize teamwork in a deadline-driven environment by providing outstanding internal and external customer service, communicating expectations, and coordinating schedules and resources
9. Ability to understand and learn specific industry-related software
10. Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
- Accurately creating customer freight bill orders in the most efficient way possible while under time constraints.
- Plans and schedules Private Fleet and Independent Carrier drivers on a daily and or weekly basis to remain within guidelines and hours of service laws and regulations including adjustments for unplanned loads
- Provide drivers with proper documentation, instructions, and tools to prior to departure
- Efficiently track all dispatched loads with high level of accuracy
- Update (via trucking software) all open deliveries and pickups
- Diagnose, respond, and troubleshoot with high levels of customer service when responding to breakdowns, unforeseen changes to “en route” deliveries, driver call offs, customer delays, etc.
- Accurately update trip departures by assigning driver, truck, trailer, and commodity within trucking software
- Answer any questions and address concerns presented by our customer, drivers, and/or management
- Assist with preparing timely delivery reports, KPIs, and incident reports to both customer and management
- Create and/or update and verify all trip details (extra/unplanned stops, pickups, mileage, rates, etc.) with utmost accuracy
- Receive and process all inbound/post trip paper work (Proof of Delivery) from drivers while assuring to update and verify all trip details (extra/unplanned stops, pickups, mileage, rates, etc.) with utmost accuracy
- Scan all updated and verified post trip/outbound paperwork to its respective trip within trucking software
- Responds to and documents any tracking, updating, and reporting customer detention, added trailer usage, storage fees, breakdowns, scheduling confirmations, accessorial charges etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Employee will also walk up to 30% of the shift. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.