Our Waltham based client seeks to hire an experienced Electro-Mechanical Technician. You will work in a fast-paced division to build/test robotic cable assemblies, circuit boards, and mechanical assemblies for a number of exciting products. The successful candidate will have system-level and component/board level test experience and the ability to build mechanical assemblies following mechanical documentation.
In this role, you will:
- Test and troubleshoot electronic components, sub-assemblies, and fixtures in accordance with approved process documents, test procedures, and specifications.
- Build cable assemblies, circuit boards, and wiring harnesses.
- Put together mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies following mechanical documentation and direct communication with the engineering staff.
- Ensure adherence to drawing specifications, workmanship standards, and test procedures and consistently inspect and identify areas for quality improvements.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of assemblies to the component level and interface with engineering in resolving the root cause of technical problems and defect analysis.
- Assist with parts selection and review of schematics and PCB layouts for new designs.
- Provide feedback on quality issues to production/engineering teams; may also provide training or assistance to other team members as needed.
- Take initiative and suggest ideas that assist with meeting daily/weekly schedule goals, enhance process flow, advance operator training, and/or improve product performance.
- Attend operation process improvement meetings which provide insight into data review.
- Provide assembly and technical assistance to production line when required for line balancing or delays.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in electronics environment.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
- Solid troubleshooting and repair fundamentals required.
- Ability to assemble wire harnesses and PCBs.
- 2+ years of technician experience.
BlackTree Technical Group, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Direct-Hire management opportunity & a springboard position to upper management!