Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Equipment Technician will be responsible for working from maintenance manuals, drawings, electrical prints and follow preventive maintenance program.
About the Job
· Support Equipment Engineers, Process Engineers, and Tool Owners.
· Perform maintenance and preventive maintenance on a variety of semiconductor tools.
· Work independently and be effective in a fast-paced manufacturing facility, attention to detail, and good written and verbal communication skills.
· Coordinate parts being cleaned by outside vendors.
· Liaison between Field Service Technicians and Engineers.
· Support Lean and 6S philosophies by continuously implementing Fab improvements and improving the procedures and standardizations of preventive maintenance specifications.
· Work with chemicals, high voltage, and hazardous gas bottle changes while adhering to all safety methods and policies.
· Maintain equipment records and spare parts inventory.
· High School Diploma required. Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus.
· 4 years of experience in high vacuum systems, electronic and mechanical trouble shooting.
· Experience in maintaining semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Equipment experience would include working knowledge of one or more Semiconductor areas (Etch, Thin films deposition, Diffusion or Implantation).
· Equipment associated with these areas include, Horizontal Thermal Furnaces, Plasma Etchers, Implantation tools and Metal sputtering tools.
· Experience in high vacuum technology, an understanding of troubleshooting of electrical systems/subsystems.
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff members and equipment vendors.