Director, Investment Product Management
Investment ProductsNYNew York,,Requisition #: R192612
Add to Cart
Back to search results
Director, Investment Product Management
About this role
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares (exchange traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions. Headquartered in New York City, as of March 31, 2019, the firm had approximately 14,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Within the Institutional Client Business (ICB), we pride ourselves on creating, communicating and delivering investment solutions for clients and consultants worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and investment management. We serve institutional clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, and family offices. ICB represents approximately one third of BlackRock's overall revenue and $6.52 trillion of assets under management as of March 31, 2019.
This role will be responsible for the design and execution of ICB's global product strategy across the Alternatives platform and focus on client centric product development for ICB's clients and the management of product campaigns across appropriate ICB client teams. This role will report to the Alternatives Pillar Lead within the Institutional Product Group (IPG), and partner closely in a "One BlackRock" manner with Investment Teams, Strategic Product Management, BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI), Marketing and Legal to drive the short and long term commercial impact of critical investment products. IPG is the bridge between institutional client coverage, including relationship managers, consultant relations and sales specialists, and the Investment Teams. This Director role in IPG will advise ICB leadership on long-term strategic product considerations while keeping a primary focus on helping define and primarily own the building of a "well-oiled" product management machine and clearly defined process in ICB. This role will also collaborate with other IPG colleagues on alternative mandates to promote standardization and best practices across products where appropriate. This role will be based in New York.
- Client Centric Product Development
- Provide thought leadership on the development of new products and scalable customized solutions in partnership with relationship managers, BAI and the investment teams that address key client needs
- Co-develop new products with clients and consultants, and where appropriate analyze the gaps in our product line
- Ensure BlackRock has the appropriate breadth of product for current and future opportunities
- Client and Internal Partnership
- Lead client conversations with a view to better understand client needs and work across BlackRock to develop scalable investment solutions addressing such client needs
- Support complex internal client relationships
- Market Intelligence
- Analyze current trends and work to understand the future dynamics of private markets
- Be the expert within BlackRock's Institutional Client Business in understanding specific requirements and investment needs of insurers, pension funds and other institutional investors
- Provide thought leadership in developing scalable, client centric investment solutions that address such key client requirements
- Product Positioning
- Know existing platform and continue to improve positioning
- Continuously assess the competition and effectively explain how our platform and strategies compare and contrast, articulating our competitive advantages
- Deep understanding of the needs of institutional investors
- Strong knowledge of investment products, product management, and business strategy, particularly in private markets
- Knowledge and strong understanding of the investment management industry and Institutional marketplace (private markets products, distribution channels, competitors, trends)
- Thorough understanding of fund structures, particularly private funds
- Superior organizational, project planning and management skills including ability to function effectively within a fast paced environment and ability to multitask
- Proven analytical skills and strategic capabilities - both quantitative and qualitative - with the ability to deliver in written or verbal medium
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to lead meetings with senior investors and extract ideas and needs, as well as ability to deliver presentations and coordinate across the firm
- Strong, collaborative problem-solving skills; ability to develop hypotheses, be challenged, and challenge others
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to move fluently between institutional investors, relationship managers and product managers to provide value added perspective and deliverables.
- Ability to demonstrate clear awareness of key issues in the alternative investments and overall market affecting institutional investors from both an investment, service and regulatory perspective
- Strong intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish his/her credibility with the senior leaders throughout the Firm and throughout the institutional investor community
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to tasks
- Fluency in English
- Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation
- Proven intellectual ability and interpersonal skills
- Able to establish credibility with and influence the institutional investor community and internal partners across the firm
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong professional and personal integrity
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock at http://www.blackrock.com/us/individual | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Create Job Alert
At BlackRock, we work together with pride and passion to help millions of investors around the world build better financial futures.
Share this Opportunity
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Google+ Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail
Explore opportunities to build a rewarding and challenging career with us. Start your job search by selecting your level of expe