IT Business & Systems Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY: IT Business & Systems Admin support various projects, identify business needs, and propose IT solutions to evaluate a client’s existing components and ensure that final solutions meet organizational needs. They need knowledge of the ERP systems and problem-solving methods using creativity, customer service, and teamwork. They develop and implement solutions that integrate applications across an enterprise or its units and departments by evaluating existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensure that final solutions meet the organization's needs.
Provide support and contribute to ERP projects, existing implementations, new implementations, upgrades, and migrations for multiple clients in multiple industries. The role will require active involvement in projects & rollouts with the ability to contribute solutions to business needs and the ability to train others and offer advice on best practice in the use of ERP systems. The position involves performing system integration, system testing, and troubleshooting activities associated with the ERP products and/or services. As a Technical Consultant, you will participate in consulting engagements and assume responsibility for performing implementation tasks and producing quality deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personally exhibits, recruits and coaches associates consistent with Core Behaviors.
- Responsible for promoting a culture of safety.
- Installation of ERP Systems, third-party software, and integration with ERP. General end user support for ERP system. Assist end users in all business functions as it relates to ERP applications.
- Establish database and application configurations, standards, guidelines and quality assurance for systems development deliverables such as conceptual design, usability, and external data interface requirements, data loading, maintenance plans, and security policy.
- Prepare technical reports, simulations, and instructional manuals to document system changes/developments. These deliverables need to meet best business practices or customer specific customization requirements.
- Coordinate and collaborate with functional users and IT staff to find solutions to problems identified in testing, resolve issues during systems upgrades, ensure that requirements documentation is easily translated into UAT (user acceptance training)/functional test plans, and ensure that proper testing of all systems functionality is completed.
- Installation of SQL Server, configuration, maintenance of automated e-mail notifications (SQL), users, roles, SQL Jobs implementation and performance/health monitoring.
- Installation of Reporting systems including SSRS, Crystal Reports and SharePoint. Create quality, comprehensive, and timely customer centric documentation.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail business process supported by enterprise systems.
- Work across multiple projects with team member(s) to analyze current operational procedures to document current business practices and specific business requirements. Identify opportunities for improvement. Adopt best business practices
Knowledge & Experience
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, and SSRS
- Microsoft Windows OS
- Microsoft Server Administration Skills (preferred)
- SAP Crystal Reports (preferred)
- Experience with .NET framework or other script/programming languages
- Microsoft Applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, and Project
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional teams.
- Budget management, people management, project management and strategic planning experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timeliness through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Technology Savvy.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Unquestionable ethics and morals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Up to 2 years’ experience in a similar position required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Occasional overnight travel to meet with internal and external customers.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Employee is regularly required to speak and understand English, stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is required to use computer and other equipment.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects up to 50 pounds, such as computers and peripherals.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and the ability to clearly focus vision.
- Eye protection, ear protection, and as required by customer, steel-toed shoes and head protection.
- 401K Plan and Company Match Medical
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
*BlackHawk Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer
BusinessView all jobs at BlackHawk Industrial
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?