Proposal Technical Writer/Editor
- Posted: over a month ago
Proposal Technical Writer/Editor
Status: 1099 or Part-time on Call (PTOC)
The Proposal Technical Writer/Editor will provide support in the development of high-quality, compliant, and compelling government proposals. This individual, who should have a strong background specifically as a writer and editor for federal IT and/or other professional services opportunities, will work closely with subject matter experts, Proposal Managers, and Capture Managers to write and edit technical, management, past performance, key personnel, and other proposal sections in response to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, and Sources Sought.
This position offers the benefit of remote work with a flexible schedule, and a great team of colleagues!
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Marketing.
- 5-7 years of experience writing proposals for a federal government IT services contractor.
- 3-5 years of experience proofreading and editing technical documentation for a federal government IT services contractor.
- History of experience as a full-time, internal employee in prior positions.
- Exceptional English-language writing and editing skills.
- Expert-level skills with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Calm under pressure, and able to work with teammates to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks.
- Superb attention to detail and quality in all work products.
- Able to simplify technical jargon and shorten long passages to produce an easy-to-read narrative.
- Experienced at interpreting RFP instructions, SOW requirements, and evaluation criteria when planning, writing, and assessing proposal content.
- Demonstrated experience as a valuable proposal team member while working remotely.
- Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and MS Teams preferred.
- Shipley Writing Federal Proposals training preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Writing assigned proposal sections, to include interviewing subject matter experts to write technical and management sections of proposals; identifying and incorporating existing boilerplate relevant to proposal requirements; writing non-technical proposal sections such as executive summaries, corporate experience, past performance, and key personnel resumes.
- Editing proposal documents, to include revising proposal content by adding, removing, moving, or substituting words or sentences (ARMS); editing proposal content for capitalization, usage, punctuation, and spelling (CUPS); editing contributions from multiple authors for "one voice" throughout the proposal.
- Participating as a reviewer in proposal Color Teams (Pink, Red, Gold).
- Developing and maintaining proposal writing resources, to include standard writing templates for commonly requested proposal sections such as resumes and past performance; library of validated boilerplate for technical and management proposal content; library of submitted past performances, organized by reference; Corporate proposal style guide.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
BlackFish Federal LLC is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressFalls Church, VA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?