The primary objective of the Communications and Marketing Coordinator position is to provide strategic planning, management and implementation of communication services to the Black and Indian Mission Office (BIMO). The responsibilities are as follows:
- Developing editorial, public relations and social media strategies for BIMO.
- Creating social media outreach plans, strategies and timetable to launch platforms.
- Developing the semi-annual African American and Native American newsletters.
- Expanding the subscriber database and contributors for the BIMO newsletters.
- Expanding opportunities for BIMO to promote its mission and advocacy via media interviews, newsletter articles and public appearances.
- Updating the BIMO website content to inform, educate and engage users, as well as increase website traffic.
- Managing the Project Newsflash grant reporting process, submitting reminders and updating the website with content received from the various Diocese, schools and parishes to whom grants are awarded.
- Connecting social media outreach with annual fundraising outreach.
- Preparing BIMO branding and marketing materials and ensuring that they are used efficiently and effectively at public events.
- Managing the semi-annual appeals mailing.
- Maintaining the donor databases within Donor Perfect for Native American Ministry, African American Ministry.
- Assisting in the preparation of thank you letters to donors and dioceses, mail merges, direct mail campaigns and grant checks.
- Supporting the operations function through preparation of reconciliations and other documentation.
- Supporting the office staff in assigned project based work and with other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 5+years of progressive, relevant experience
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Good organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of communication and marketing services.
- Ability to work well under short deadlines and handle multiple tasks at one time
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and direction.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.