Administrative Accounting Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Administrative Accounting Assistant
Reports To: Accounting Controller
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: M-F 9:00AM -5:00 PM
Black Rock Services is a producer of construction materials such as crushed stone, and aggregate based materials such as hot mix asphalt.
We are currently seeking full time Administrative Accounting Assistant. Black Rock Services is dedicated to attracting and retaining the Right People with the Right Aptitude and the Right Attitude.
The Administrative Accounting Assistant is responsible for properly posting accounts payable invoices and reconciling invoices to purchase orders. This position is also responsible for assisting the Controller and Managers with other accounting and administrative functions.
- Reconcile invoices with receiving documents and/or verify approval of invoices prior to posting in QBO for payment.
- Ensure that invoices are properly attached to the QBO invoice positing for reference.
- Ensure accuracy of data entry.
- Reconcile multiple accounts.
- Maintain various Excel worksheets
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook, to include our Company’s Core Values.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information.
- Answer phone. Takes message or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions
- Work independently and within a team on special, nonrecurring, and ongoing projects.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and communicate effectively both orally, and in writing.
- Must be a self-starter and effective at time management.
- Must be organized and able to work to specified deadlines.
- Able to work on computer(s) for long periods of time in an office environment.
- Must exhibit patience, and tact, in dealing with employees.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time, and plans more effectively.
- Understand the company's terminology and methodology.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Add new material to file records and create new records as necessary.
- Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines or online systems, and sorting mail.
- Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information; professional personal appearance; excellent communication skills; ability to meet company's production and quality standards; customer service skills; excellent attention to detail and organization skills; organized and able to work deadlines; excellent math skills and ability to problem solve.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma /or equivalent required.
1+ Years of Relevant experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, stand, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Black Rock Asphalt
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Administrative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.