Senior Enterprise Program Manager
- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Provides leadership and direction to support business objectives through cost-effective use of technology, staff, and business practices. Leads and develops a team of managers and skilled personnel. Is responsible for the long-term vision, development, and maturation of the Project Management Office (PMO) Center of Excellence (CoE) to offer services to both the IT Department and the Enterprise. Is responsible for the delivery of the Program/Project Portfolio for the Enterprise. Directs activities for multiple, complex enterprise initiatives, ensuring that the initiative's business needs are addressed effectively and as agreed upon with the business partners. Is accountable for all strategic project-related processes, tools, metrics, and documentation delivering value and meeting quality standards, budgets, and deadlines. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible for making a broad range of decisions, escalating to executive-level associates when necessary, and updating executive-level associates on a regular basis.
- Develops and executes on the Enterprise, IT Departmental and PMO visions, goals, priorities and values.
- Builds and matures a Center of Excellence (CoE) with the following responsibilities:
- Works with senior management in the development of the strategic direction for the program management delivery initiative for the Enterprise.
- Uses expert-level knowledge and skill in the PMO discipline to build and mature best practice program and project management methodology (based on PMBOK), tools, metrics and training across the Enterprise.
- Attracts, recruits and retains associates with the right skills, competencies and cultural fit. Fosters the performance and development of associates to reach their full potential.
- Plans, allocates and deploys resources effectively and efficiently to meet strategic goals.
- Plans, leads and manages initiatives effectively by delivering on committed value, dates, budget, scope and quality.
- Develops and manages within departmental, portfolio, program and project budgets and report on variances.
- Ensures adherence to IT and PMO standards, processes and alignment across W&SFG.
- Follows standards to negotiate effective agreements and ensure quality deliverables.
- Owns and manages vendor relationships as applicable.
- Develops effective client and business relationships and credibility.
- Supports the day-to-day operations of W&SFG business and shared services units. Develops and meets service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators for applicable PMO services.
- Acts as a change agent across the enterprise for PMO services.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional IT management with at least 10 years of direct personnel management experience. Experience to include:
- Successfully setting, implementing and achieving team goals.
- Establishing a work environment that is committed to collaboration and excellence when working with the team and business partners.
- Providing effective feedback and influencing others to initiate a recommended course of action to solve a problem or increase efficiency.
- The following proven experience is required to qualify:
- At least 10 years and/or five full IT project lifecycles as the project manager or program manager for delivering multiple large-scale complex projects and programs.
- Coaching and mentoring project managers.
- Experience building and managing a PMO, which includes determining program/project management delivery services to offer the Enterprise based on business needs and capacity, planning and aligning resources to services and programs/projects, developing program/project management skills both within the PMO and within the Enterprise, partnering and collaborating with key stakeholders for successful program/project delivery, continually improving program/project management processes and integrating them into the various methodologies, developing program/project management training that can be used internal and external to the PMO, and defining and tracking delivery metrics.
- Proven strategic thinking from concept to implementation to facilitate solutions that drive results and have a valuable impact on the organization.
- Demonstrated in-depth business knowledge and experience in Enterprise-wide operations, products, programs, technology platforms, distribution channels and competitive landscape.
- Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to coach on IT technical concepts such as application development, data management, business analysis, testing strategies and tools, integration, security and/or data center and infrastructure concepts and how they integrate together to build a quality solution.
- Proven successful experience and proficiency in portfolio, program and/or project oversight, requirements development and IT governance.
- Demonstrated ability to function or lead on program and project level, in both a leader and a participant capacity, on business, software and infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience in tailoring and implementing diverse program/project and development methodologies, including waterfall, agile and iterative.
- Demonstrated use of strong listening, communication and presentation techniques. Verbal and written communications are to conform to proper rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Proven successful experience on identifying moderate to complex problems, quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Demonstrated adaptability when required to adjust to multiple demands/deadlines, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with excellent organizational skills, time management and the ability to prioritize workload demands for the team.
- Proven high emotional intelligence, sound judgment, and Enterprise and team thinking.
- Works in an office setting and remains in an occasional stationary position for long periods of time while working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Continuously moves about to accomplish tasks, particularly moving from one building to another for meeting and collaboration sessions.
- Continually performs an activity such as transcribing, viewing a computer screen and extensive reading. Visual acuity is required to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned. Ability to make repetitive motions of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or IT is preferred or commensurate experience.
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Proficient skills in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Proven skills in technical writing, flow charting and process modeling methods.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint).
Certifications & Licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Some travel by car or plane.
Black Progress Matters
Get fresh Enterprise Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!