We are seeking a Solid Surface Counter Top maker with experience in the cabinetry to join our team! The successful candidate must have experience with making cabinet counter tops, fabricating solid surface Corian, Wilson, Art and other acrylic solid surface materials. Experience in laminating, adhesives, jigs & patterns, as well as hand operated woodworking equipment. Must be able to cut, glue, seam & join both wood and laminate. EXPERIENCE with solid surfaces is REQUIRED. Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings is a must. Pay is based upon capabilities and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in solid surface fabrication and/or cabinetry, or completion of vocational or technical school training in carpentry will be considered
- Integrity and ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50+lbs or more.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Ability to safely work around heavy materials and machinery
- bility to use common hand tools, power tools, and pneumatic tools including chop saws, table saws, staplers, and sanders
- Ability to use and read detailed measuring devices
- Knowledge of various fastener types, adhesives, and sanding techniques
- Ability to read, understand, and follow shop drawings
- Basic knowledge of standard woodworking procedures
- Ability to assemble basic units squarely within dimensional tolerances
- Basic knowledge of plastic laminate cutting, routing, and filing
- Ability to move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Knowledge of sanding techniques on wood and solid surface a plus!