Casino General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The General Manager for the Casino is responsible for the overall management and operation of the Casino and all its profit centers and the offices of the support functions. He/she conducts overall planning and management of the San Felipe Casino Hollywood, and coordinates and works closely with appropriate support functions to maximize department productivity and profitability and to meet the growth objectives of the Casino. The General Manager for the Casino is accountable to and under the general supervision and operational direction of the San Felipe Gaming Enterprise Board (SFGEB).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for overall operation of the Casino and all levels of management and their subordinates.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of business at the San Felipe Casino Hollywood with the SFGEB and the Travel Center General Manager so that a cooperative relationship can be maintained.
- Is responsible for profits and losses of all departments and procedures to achieve profit and volume objectives.
- Formulates and establishes a budget, policies & procedures to be approved by the SFGEB.
- Working with the marketing director, develops and implements marketing plans, promotions, and strategies to optimize profit and market share.
- Develops, executes and revises as needed operational policies and procedures to achieve sustainable profit and volume objectives.
- Responsible for employee development and the staffing of all areas with qualified, well-trained personnel.
- Leads Managers/Supervisors in the identification of operational problems and puts into place policies and procedures to solve such problems.
- Supervises the coordination and development of statistical data such as budgets, trends, analyses and develops a database integrated with industry standard ratios and financial statements.
- Maintains excellent communication between assigned Casino areas and support functions, e.g. Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, MIS, Security, Facilities, and Finance.
- Coordinates and assists in the short-term and long-term planning, expansion, renovation or modification of or improvements to the casino with the direction of the SFGEB.
- Works with Surveillance and Security departments to ensure customer and employee honesty and safety.
- Leads, directs, and provides overview of activities which involve business expansion and development, to position the business to be in a more competitive position.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the SFGEB.
- Must attend and satisfactorily complete all training as directed by SFGEB.
- Holds subordinates accountable for attending and satisfactorily completing all required training as directed by supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Creates and maintains a safe working environment for all Casino employees as well as our patrons.
- Must be proficient in reading, understanding and speaking the English Language.
· Maintains corporate culture and employee engagement.
- Builds good relationships with all customers both internal and external.
· Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Enterprise Board as an effective communicator and developer of solutions to business challenges.
· Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the enterprise are put into practice.
· Drives the enterprise to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
· Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
· Collaborates with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the enterprise.
· Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the team not currently in place; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to a management career development program.
· Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
· Represents the company with clients, investors and business partners. Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of the company or its staff in meeting objectives or to determine areas of potential cost reduction, program improvement, or policy change.
· Coordinates the development or implementation of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, or other administrative control processes.
- Directs human resources activities, including the approval of human resource plans or activities, the selection of directors or other high-level staff, or establishment or organization of major departments.
- Directs or coordinates an organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Directs, plans, or implements policies, objectives, or activities of organizations or businesses to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, or to increase productivity.
- Implements corrective action plans to solve organizational or departmental problems.
- Approves budgets including those for funding or implementation of programs.
- Represents organizations or promotes their objectives at official functions or delegate representatives to do so.
- Reviews reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Four (4) year college degree required plus 10 years’ experience in administration management and operations of the Native American Casino industry. Extensive knowledge of Indian Gaming, including but not limited to slot machines, table games, bingo, marketing, food and beverage, human resources, finance, planning, concept and staff development and daily, weekly and monthly reporting of sales and revenue. A vision for the future of the operation in harmony with the philosophy of the SFGEB. Must have large scale development experience specifically but not limited to Casino and Resort development. Knowledge of the Ordering of product, merchandising, shipping and receiving, inventory control, POS system, revenue audit procedures, accounting system.
Maintain continuing education in the gaming industry through seminars, conferences, and trade shows. Obtain and maintain a valid gaming license. Possess sensitivity to Indian culture. Must be willing to advice and effectively communicate with the SFGEB on Casino Operations. Must be able to interact well with public. Must possess Leadership skills, Supervisory skills, Managerial skills, and most of all People skills. Must be able to hire, provide direction to and develop internal personnel; identify strategic issues and develop short/long-range plans; provide direction to and manage area leaders and related personnel; budget and prioritize work load; identify key factors affecting personnel; and develop effective programs to maximize performance.
Excellent oral and written communication skills to focus the efforts of entire staff to meet the SFGEB goals for property. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and outside vendors.
Ability to apply advanced business mathematical concepts such as statistics, budgeting, and financial reporting.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Inventory software; Payroll systems; Project Management software; Database software and Contact Management systems.
This position manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s) and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. The General Manager also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. This position’s responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to ten pounds, pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
View public job page
Black Mesa Casino
Get fresh Casino Assistant Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.