ACCOUNTANT - Commercial Real Estate (In-House, Full-Time Employee)
Black Lion Investment Group, Inc. Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $125,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental,
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - Commercial Real Estate
COMPANY: Black Lion Investment Group, Inc.
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA (Westside) (working in company offices)
ANNUAL BASE COMPENSATION: $125,000 (depending on experience)
BONUS: Periodic Bonuses each year - discretionary, based on performance
BENEFITS: Standard and additional benefits offered
COMPANY & JOB SUMMARY: Established real estate investment and development company, focused on nationwide retail, restaurant, and mixed-use properties, seeks an excellent senior accountant well versed in accounting for commercial real estate matters, for a full-time employee position. We enjoy a busy and collegial work environment that rewards consistent effort and results. Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Responsible for maintaining the books and records of multiple real estate entities, including those with weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual write-up and reporting needs.
· Help prepare periodic financial reports, budgets, and some CAM reconciliation statements to assist Asset Management and Operations functions.
· Assist Asset Manager and Officers with acquisition underwriting and financial due diligence reviewing.
· Assist team in generating financial due diligence materials for our commercial real estate dispositions.
· Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
· Process vendor and AP payments and commercial rent and AR (including preparing some invoices), and make solid, informative journal entries.
· Communicate with clients and provide support to management.
· Prepare periodic cash flow and profit & loss statements.
· Analyze expenses and discuss same with management.
· Prepare annual 1099, Business Property License Renewal, and Personal Property Tax forms.
· Other duties customary of a commercial real estate accountant, as well as assisting with limited asset management and lease administration functions.
REPORTS TO: Corporate Officers & Directors.
· Bachelor’s degree; and CPA license preferred.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an accountant (i.e., higher level than bookkeeper); experience at a professional services organization preferred.
· Strong understanding of bookkeeping and accounting for commercial real estate, financial reporting, and some annual payroll filing requirements.
· Software: Advanced knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks Desktop; strong proficiency in Yardi or MRI.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and assist outside CPA firm with the Company’s tax filing deliverables.
· Excellent work ethic and organizational and time-management skills.
· Great attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with little supervision.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with outside parties and in-house colleagues.
· True team player.
· At least three (3) supervisor references if invited to interview.
Black Lion Investment Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
Our company is all about collegiality, rewarding consistently good performance, and providing growth opportunities.
Black Lion Investment Group, Inc. is Los Angeles' premier commercial real estate investment and development firm specializing in re-positioning retail and mixed-use properties with uncommon vision. Our team of industry experts is exceptionally talented at capitalizing on investment opportunities with a healthy mix of core-plus and value-add commercial real estate assets throughout the U.S.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Black Lion Investment Group, Inc.