Job Code: 2019-01-880-285
Black Horse Carriersis a privately held company rooted in rich historythat goes back 100 years. We are focused on providing best in class Dedicated Fleet Services and Private Fleet Replacement Services for companies in the Food and Grocery, Retail, Bakery, Dairy, Consumer Product, Industrial and Automotive industries.We are actively seeking a PM Dispatcher for our LANGHORNE, PA location. Candidates who have applied for this position in the past and are still seeking employment are encouraged to re-apply.DISPATCHER NEEDED!FULL-TIME POSITION; MONDAY PM THROUGH SATURDAY AMShift Hours: 7 PM to 3:30 AM; OT is availableCOMPETITIVE PAY!GREAT BENEFITS!
- Must have transportation dispatching experience
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have proficiency with MS Office(Excel, Word, Outlook) Applicant will be asked to demonstrate MS Office skills
- Must have experience in a fast paced & ever changing work environment
Pay based on qualifications and experience.
Black Horse Carriers, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified candidates, please email your current resume and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.orgCandidates who have applied for this position in the past and are still seeking employment are encouraged to re-apply.
To coordinate customer delivery activities, directing company-employed truck drivers. The Dispatcher is responsible for a safe work environment for all Drivers. His/her goal is to obtain the highest possible level of customer satisfaction for all customers and add value to the services we perform for our customers. He/she will manage the Drivers of the terminal in a fair and equitable manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the scheduling of drivers and vehicles on customers accounts.
- Ability to define unused capacity and to take corrective action by finding freight to fill these deficiencies.
- Ability to identify and reduce deadhead / empty miles.
- Possess proficient computer usage skills. MUST have experience with Microsoft Products: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to utilize load entry software in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the utilization of equipment at or away from the Terminal.
- Manage the drivers daily vehicle condition reports weekly.
- Manage the drivers hours of service compliance.
- Manage the training of drivers working for the Terminal.
- Manage the driver compliance in regards to Federal and State regulations, including but not limited to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and OSHA regulations.
- Assist with the hiring of drivers per the DOT regulations and BHC policy.
- Administer appropriate discipline to driver, when needed, of willfully violates, i.e., HOS rules, a drug and/or alcohol policy, stealing, refusal to dispatch, etc.
- Manage and develop processes and controls to monitor the safe and efficient operation of the terminal and its resources. This includes the responsibility to monitor fuel economy, and manage the process by which we conserve fuel, such as selecting the proper route of travel, eliminating idling, and monitoring fuel security.
- Meet with the terminals customers and vendors assigned to you, on a timely basis.
- Maintain a good working relationship with peers and drivers.
- Maintaining employee records including drivers logs, TMW information and payroll.
- Assisting Terminal Manager or Area Manager with start-up of new Terminals, if requested.
- Operational, safety and other needs assigned.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Five to seven years experience in transportation and logistics management preferred.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality, work history and dedication to maintain excellence.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Solid organizational, analytical competencies that result in the ability to manage multiple projects and make sound decisions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Terminal employees: Drivers
All qualified candidates, please email your current resume and cover letter to:email@example.com