We are looking for an independent self-starter to join our growing Energy and Utility company as a Senior Account Manager. A successful candidate will have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, financial acumen, and a superior ability to build and cultivate relationships with internal and external clients. In this role you will take initiative to develop your work plan and be responsible for creating and executing effective business plans for the enterprise/state/jurisdiction to achieve or exceed margin and growth targets. You will also build and maintain effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers in an assigned group of market segments or major strategic customer accounts. You will conduct regular status and strategy meetings with our customers to understand their needs and connect them to our product/service solutions. Your superior customer service focus will enable you to maintain active account management engagements with our current customers to ensure retention and satisfaction.
Learn more about our company:
➤ This position is located in Casper, Wyoming: Find all the Wyoming you’ve ever imagined in Casper–the mountain town for the wild at heart. Experience exceptional hiking, mountain biking, boating and fly fishing, all within a unique Wyoming landscape where nature is as uncrowded as our highways. We welcome you to become a part of our community, enjoy the family-friendly lifestyle, the great outdoors and to be a part of a growing community and region.
- The Best in Casper: www.visitcasper.com/things-to-do/caspers-best/
- Relocate to Casper: www.casperwyoming.org/about/relocate
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
SALARY RANGE: $78,800 - $98,550 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Business Development Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the project management and analysis efforts across the business and external partners to connect customers to individualized energy solutions, company programs (EE/DSM, etc.) and potential external partner solutions.
- Develop and implement growth strategies (in collaboration with internal partners), participate in business meetings, and recommend changes to existing business practices to increase margin and revenue.
- Manage contract development and the negotiations process with new and existing large, complex customers.
- Understand financial models and data analytics to quickly assess growth opportunities.
- Improve the customer’s experience through increased and detailed communications, keeping them abreast of changes in rates, riders and anything pertaining to their account.
- Assist with budget development and provide support for new/existing growth initiatives.
- Responsible for customer retention, proactive client management, load forecast accuracy, and driving usage with customers and prospects in collaboration with internal teams.
- Provide input on the development of new regulated and non-regulated energy solutions by gaining a thorough understanding of customer business drivers and needs.
- Partner with customer service functions, operations, community affairs, engineering, legal and other internal departments to help resolve customer problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of tariff rates and regulations and help identify challenges and opportunities of rate design and other regulatory practices.
- Be a champion for growth with field personnel and through participation/leadership in business unit growth teams and any subsequent projects.
- Continually surveil for new growth opportunities through expansions to new customers/markets, acquisitions, and new solution offerings.
- Track and report results.
- Serve as a member/leader of growth teams at the state/jurisdiction level.
- Partner and coordinate with the Business Development Manager responsible for national accounts as needed.
- Partner with the Energy Efficiency Program Manager and remain informed of programs offered for the purpose of educating and promoting the programs and assisting customers with solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of business development, strategic account management or sales experience required.
- Proven sales ability and motivation to drive results.
- 5+ years of customer relationship management.
- Energy/Utility industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or other related area required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Driven to help customers succeed by connecting them to energy solutions.
- Strong initiative, organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, ensure timely follow-up and complete multiple projects in a judicious manner.
- Awareness and understanding of all regulatory complaints and ensure that in each case, learn from the customer and apply those learnings to all key accounts.
- Ability to negotiate and mitigate risk related to business development agreements.
- Ability to quickly analyze issues, prepare comprehensive analysis and recommend solutions and alternatives for identifying/solving specific issues.
- Ability to think and act commercially by constantly evaluating current market, customer and industry dynamics to originate new growth opportunities.
- Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- Travel required 30-40%
About our Company: We are a growth-oriented, vertically integrated energy company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas). Our non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas, oil and coal.
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), paid time off, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, tuition reimbursement and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.