This important role will safely perform start-up, commissioning, plant operations, testing, maintenance, administrative functions and other duties as assigned for a power plant consisting of three GE LM6000 gas turbine generators, two heat recovery steam generators, one steam turbine generator, and balance of plant auxiliary equipment.
➤ Pueblo, CO: Enjoy a calmer pace of life, lower cost of living and easy access to the larger Denver area. There is exceptional dining and shopping, extravagant arts and culture, as well as tons of outdoor recreational activities to fill your time.
• Visit Pueblo: http://pueblo.org/visit-pueblo
• Visit Us – City of Pueblo: https://pueblo.us/9/Visit-Us
➤ Relocation assistance is available for this position! Package is based on distance/complexity of the move, and individual circumstances. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
PAY RANGE: $30 - $39 per hour (Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Operations and Maintenance Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comprehensive understanding of combined cycle power plant operations to include start-up, shutdown and emergency operational actions, with safety being considered in every activity.
- Comprehensive understanding of start-up, commissioning of power plant systems including punch lists, turnover packages, system line-ups, flushing of systems and restoration of systems and operations up to and including commercialization.
- Perform both routine and non-routine preventive and corrective maintenance of plant equipment.
- Operate a forklift.
- Assist in the training of new technicians.
- Requisition and assist in ordering and receiving plant materials.
- Represent the Company with vendors and regulators as assigned.
- Have lead responsibility for plant systems as assigned.
- Continuously increase own knowledge by personal independent study.
- Direct and implement emergency procedures as assigned.
- Work with and direct contractors and other temporary on site activities.
- Use installed and portable test equipment and technical manuals to troubleshoot equipment and systems.
- Perform chemical analysis on plant water systems which include boiler water, demineralized water, condensate water, feedwater, cooling water, and raw water.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on water treatment systems.
- Perform proper turnover discussing current plant status, potential problem areas and status of current clearances and maintenance activities.
- Pre-plan operating strategy to ensure dispatch generation is obtained and on time.
- Review Station Log Books, Dispatch Schedule and the Daily Read File on a daily basis.
- Review Jumper and Lifted Wire Log daily.
- Initiate, complete, and close maintenance PMs in company maintenance management system.
- Administer lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) activities.
- Maintenance and up keep of site buildings and grounds.
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Maintain trend reports on equipment operation for assigned system.
- Maintain plant logs on equipment operation.
- Ensure adequate supplies of oil and chemicals are available to support plant operations.
- Provide information for various plant reports.
- Two (2) years of technical training in operations and routine maintenance of power plants and four (4) years of experience working in a combined cycle/ gas turbine power plant or an equivalent environment.
- Prior military experience as a Gas Turbine Systems Technicians (Electrical) or as a Gas Turbine Systems Mechanic (GSM) is a strong plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of operating a power plant.
- Detailed knowledge of power plant systems and their interrelationships
- Thorough knowledge and/or background for operating and maintaining mechanical and/or electrical systems.
- Thorough knowledge of computer based preventive maintenance programs.
- Thorough knowledge of plant hazards and safety equipment.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and various other programs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand the principles of chemistry and their relationship to power plant operations.
- Ability to understand engineering design drawings, vendor equipment drawings and technical information.
- Ability to use mechanical tools and hand tools and to occasionally perform heavy lifting.
- Ability to make effective long term and instantaneous decisions.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Attention to detail.
- Use discretion to balance competing priorities.
- Ability to be certified in the use of respirators.
- Familiarity with standard power plant PPE and its proper use.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.