We are looking for a responsible, self-motivated graphic design intern that will partner with other design staff to conceptualize and execute design solutions for internal and external integrated marketing programs. This individual will also be collaborating with internal clients to ensure all concepts support the business strategy and leverage the Black Hills Energy brand.
PAY: $17.00 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knowledge and practical application of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Word
- Conceptualize and generate concepts that leverage the Black Hills Energy brand.
- Develop brochures, advertisements, banners, posters, mailers, and other company literature.
- Provide graphic support for company intranet and corporate and subsidiary websites.
- Monitor appropriate use of Black Hills Energy logos and brand standards.
- Assist other team members in employing the latest design technology.
- Support special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Junior or Senior in Graphic Design.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation, curiosity, and creativity.
- Ability to work productively in an environment where job requirements, knowledge, and priorities change rapidly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; and respect for multiple review process.
- Ability to meet deadlines and enlist others’ support in ensuring timely project completion.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. No travel is required for this role.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Benefits: 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution)
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.