Black Diamond Funding Ventures, LLC is a Legal Funding company located in Sunrise, Florida that is seeking a Legal Assistant to join our legal team! In this position, you will work directly with our in-house attorney and assist in organizing, calendaring, legal research, and pre-suit preparation. Your job duties include maintaining the legal department’s filing system, general administrative tasks, responding to emails and correspondence, and maintaining the office calendar on a daily basis. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of general legal experience, has a strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving skills, and a meticulous attention to detail. You will perform clerical and administrative functions in order to drive company success and ensure quality workflow as well as legal document review and underwriting duties.
- Conduct legal research on cases and gather pertinent legal information
- Interpret laws, case ruling and regulations
- Monitor and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines and other relevant publications
- Assist with pre-suit case preparation
- Maintain detailed calendar on a daily basis
- Draft emails, letters, agreements and other binding documents and correspondence
- Provide secretarial and administrative support such as answering and directing phone calls, making copies, greeting guests, coordinating appointments and meetings, etc.
- Track cases pending in litigation
- Communicate professionally with clients, attorneys, court staff, etc.
- Perform all other office tasks
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Paralegal certification
- One year of legal research and writing experience
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently, take direction, manage large workloads and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proofreading skills, with exceptional commend of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, LexisNexis, PACER and other legal research site
- Bi-Lingual or Multi-Lingual is highly preferred
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly for further details!